New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Actually recommend naman talaga is 20w -50 sa mga city driving cars ... and usually every 5Km and palit

yung mga synthetic users ay yung mga tao who have the money and doesn't have a lots of time ... usually i don't recomment mobil 1 since ... its 0w - 40 not recommended for warm climates like ours ... the 15w - 40 is not bad ... and for city driving its not half bad

another popular brand is this royal purple ... synthetic ... very high grade ... but for city driving ... not recommend ... but smooth ang hatak when you are driving high speed and in the highway smooth to the max ... i used to use mobil one the hatak is not that good ...then i change to 76 brand ... another good brand .... i didn't know why i change ... same quality as royal purple ... but i change to royla purple nevertheless ... para naman masabi ko na nagamit ko rin ... so far ... wala pa naman akong reklamo ....

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually not all cars will work well with 20w50. nowadays fewer and fewer cars will come with 20w50 as factory fill. it is becomming more and more common na either 30 or 40 weight oil yung standard.

i saw an 2007 eclipse 3.8lit v6 yesterday and the oil cap specifically stated that the oil should be 5w20.

you should only play with the viscosity depending on the use of the engine. kung dito dito lang maneho sa city (even with long drives) then even 30 or 40 will be more than enough. you are just wasting gas if you put the 50 weight oil sa makina kasi it will make the engine less fuel efficient coz of the extra friction. th 20w50 should be used nalang now if you need the extra protection due to turbo/lotsa mods.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I agree with Speedy.

When my car was brand new, the dealer always used 5w40 or 10w40 oil. I had horrible fuel consumption. After warranty, I continued to use 10w40 oil. After joining this community, I decided to read the manual, lo and behold, the manufacturer recommends 5w30 or 10w30 oil. I switched and my FC improved a lot. Car runs a lot smoother too.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    That caramel like thing in your mobil 1 oil looks weird to me. I have a left over mobil 1 gold supersyn oil for more than a year now and it still looks very good.

Sir Migs, may fake bang Mobil1 supersyn sa market previously? or until now.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    my uncle bought it in banawe im not sure in the store name ill ask him when he got back from states!!
    warning to consumers toh!
    FAKE?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    there are fakes of everything... from oil to other parts.

kahit replacement parts nalang (not even oem) like kyb and 555 meron narin.

only buy if you know where the seller is getting the stocks imo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by banawe View Post
    Actually recommend naman talaga is 20w50 sa mga city driving cars ... and usually every 5Km and palit

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy
    20w-50 is too thick for modern gas engine. you will put a lot of stress on your engine specially during startup.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    actually not all cars will work well with 20w50. nowadays fewer and fewer cars will come with 20w50 as factory fill. it is becomming more and more common na either 30 or 40 weight oil yung standard.

i saw an 2007 eclipse 3.8lit v6 yesterday and the oil cap specifically stated that the oil should be 5w20.

you should only play with the viscosity depending on the use of the engine. kung dito dito lang maneho sa city (even with long drives) then even 30 or 40 will be more than enough. you are just wasting gas if you put the 50 weight oil sa makina kasi it will make the engine less fuel efficient coz of the extra friction. th 20w50 should be used nalang now if you need the extra protection due to turbo/lotsa mods.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I agree with Speedy.

When my car was brand new, the dealer always used 5w40 or 10w40 oil. I had horrible fuel consumption. After warranty, I continued to use 10w40 oil. After joining this community, I decided to read the manual, lo and behold, the manufacturer recommends 5w30 or 10w30 oil. I switched and my FC improved a lot. Car runs a lot smoother too.
    I have the same experience as userfreiendly

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    rule of thumb, know what your manual recommends and follow it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    modern engines use hydraulic tappets, if you use thick oils like 15W or 20W, chances are hirap nga sa starting, tsaka malaki ang stress sa engine lalo na pag malamig... take the 7k engine for example, madidinig mo yung mga valves during start-up pag gamit mo 15W or 20W, what I did was I used a 5W-40, no more noise

about the residue on your oil, i find it weird to have such residues, unless the stock is fake, or it has been exposed to extreme temperatures that the oil started to gum.

I also noticed with mobil1, it leaves a powdery varnish on engine parts, that is why i changed to another brand... further research said that mobil1 fully synthetic oils are just "purified" mineral based oil, not esther based oil (which is the real sythetic type).

O/t: Mods, sorry i couldn't find the source of some of the statements here because i read them a couple of years back...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ester is not the only synthetic. meron din group 4 full syns like royal purple. meron din group 3's which are most of the ones found locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
synthetic o sintensya s oto mo?