New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Sirs, curious lang po, what would happen if you are currently using fully synthetic oil, then merong ibang gumamit, nilagyan ng mineral oil? Say 10w30 synthetic oil nilagyan ng 20w50 mineral oil to top off. What will happen?
    I think walang masamang mangyayari. Ive done that on numerous customer cars and theres no adverse effect whatsover.

Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Just asking..

Di ba dapat nakadesign ang makina na kahit stop and go and under hot weather, hindi dapat mag over heat? Kung nag over heat under these conditions, may problem ang cooling system. Tama ba?

Akala ko, extreme heat ay generated pag almost nasa red line ang makina. Sa dami ng gas na nasusunog, mataas ang heat generated.

well, of course may cooling system ang lahat ng kotse para ma prevent ang over heating, assuming nag ooperate ng mabuti ang cooling system.

I meant of "extreme heat" when idling (plus add up the hot outside temperatue) kasi ang makina, mas maiinit ang temp pag hindi umaandar. pero hindi naman sa mainit to the point na mag o-over heat, pero mainit to the point na nasa boiling temp. din ang oil (specially pag Mineral Oil). so mas maganda pa din na laging nasa constant operating speed ang makina, nasa moderate RPM's.. hindi naman yung tipong nasa Redline palagi, kasi like what you said, nag gegenerate ng "extreme heat" ang makina pag nasa higher RPM's (mostly near & obove Redline) which is definitely true.

but if the engine is running at load (again at moderate RPM's.. hindi lang naka Idle), obviously nag si-circulate ang Oil pressure/flow inside the engine. which lubricates (and also cools.. believe it or not) the internal engine parts at the right oil pressure and temperature. when the engine/vehicle is running, obviously na nahahanginan ang makina (not only by the fans.. but by outside air as well) so bumababa ang underhood temps, reducing engine heat.

kaya on some engines, there are Oil Coolers. its like a small "radiator" but for engine oil, I have that on our Racecar and on my personal cars. which really helps reduce Oil temperature, specially when the car is at higher speeds, at higher RPM's.

keeping your engines Oil temperature low (below boiling point) is really important. its the same as keeping your engines Cooling system temp. low. which in both cases reduce engine wear and failure.

aite, peace.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    synthetic all the way......if the professional racers are using it and can protect their precious and expensive engines then the more that it can also do that to my puny stock engine....

I think almost pareho lang ang gastos eh, like before when I was still using mineral oil, meron ako pina pachange oil na P1k lang for the labor,filter and 4 lites of valvoline oils....so kung every 5k kms ang change oil ko is 2k din ang cost, while meron naman si speedyfix na promo P2.1k for everything but at least 8k to at most 10k kms ka mag change oil so pareho lang ang gastos....

the advantage is you have the added protection of the synth oil, on your engine....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Had my PMS today. Switched from synth to mineral. There was no significant change in performance. Try ko ihataw mamya para malaman ko kung meron talaga difference .

OT: My SA told me that there was a fuel "additive" (forgot the term) for the engine to cleanse the nozzles (Is there such a thing? Nagoyo yata ako nung anaknangtipaklong na yun!:outcold . But I hope it will help in addressing the "tope" problem.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the most impt thing is to really know what viscosity to put sa engine. if you use synthetic pero put the wrong one then this is even worse than using mineral na tama...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir.. sa alam ko po..

may commision kasi.. pag synthetic oil
    pag may flushing
    pag may engine wash
    pag may oil additive
    pag may fuel additive
    pag change color ang car
    pag ikaw ang nag refer sakanya sa accesories
    pag detailing
    pag may maganda ang feekback sakanya ng.. customers.. sa.. followup reports

:D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually, the SA's get commissions no matter what oil you use in casa. whether it's mineral or synthetic.

basically it still boils down to what is better for the engine...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Switch from Synthetic oil to Mineral oil...