New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pag sumayad sa di pantay ung elevated gutter na paparkan mo ung isang sedan ok pa din sya? Ano kaya pwede maging problems ng auto mo?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on what hits. You'll have to look.

Anyway, there are skidplates and braces underneath the engine that protect most components... and even if you scrape your oil pan, nothing bad will usually happen. If you bang it hard enough, the gasket might start leaking, and if you really dent it, it might obstruct the oil pick-up tube, but those things are tough, and it takes a really spectacular whack to do that to an oil pan.

Only other problems from a minor scrape could be if you mess up your exhaust alignment. Everything else delicate (suspension parts) is protected by proximity to the wheels.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    madalas mangyari sa akin yan. when i park paharap tapos meron yung small concrete blocks. pag-atras ko madalas may scraping sound. so far pinakamalaking damage na nangyari sa akin ay yung may gasgas yung ilalim ng bumper ko

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Haha kaya pala sakin ok pa din until now =) buti na lang. Next time ko na pacheck up

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nagpark ako ng paatras, yung parking boy mando ng mando, malalim pala yung incline, pag bwelo ko nag forward yung kotse then I heard a screech. I almost died, yung buong ilalim ng bumper ko nakayod Kaskas talaga yung pintura. Buti na lang hindi kita pero pag inangat yung kotse ang pangit nun!

Pwede ko ba i claim sa insurance? Or have it repaired on my own?

Pag pa repair ko na, kailangan ba buong bumper? o pwede yung ilalim lang?

Buti na lang di ako naka body kit kung hindi masasakal ko yung parking boy na yun, hindi sinabi na malalim, kaya pala konti lang yung nakapark dun at karamihan sa kalye nag park.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    nabuhay itong thread

Sorry to hear about that incident. Never trust the judgment of parking boys/guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If the cost of repair will be higher than the insurance company's participation fee, go with insurance. if the bumper repair will cost lower than the participation fee, repair it on your own.

IMHO, since the damage is on the lower area, you may opt to repair only the lower part. Check out the "How to Apply Touch Up Paint" in this site - http://carpolisherbuffer.net/paint-correction-guide/

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagpark ako ng paatras, yung parking boy mando ng mando, malalim pala yung incline, pag bwelo ko nag forward yung kotse then I heard a screech. I almost died, yung buong ilalim ng bumper ko nakayod Kaskas talaga yung pintura. Buti na lang hindi kita pero pag inangat yung kotse ang pangit nun!
    The first major scratch on the new car is the most painful ba?

You have to check your insurance participation amount. Repainting a whole bumper would be around P3,000. SO if the participation is less than that amount, you can claim it through the insurance otherwise, you'll have to pay it yourself.

But if the scratches are not visible, you can just ignore it. It's just cosmetic damage that you won't see unless you have the car on a car-lift.

Generally it's the whole bumper unless there is a dividing line in the bumper's design to hide the paint-line.

But as I have mentioned above, you can opt not to have it repainted if the scratches are not visible.

Buti na lang di ako naka body kit kung hindi masasakal ko yung parking boy na yun, hindi sinabi na malalim, kaya pala konti lang yung nakapark dun at karamihan sa kalye nag park.

Live and learn. Eventually you'll get used to what your (new) car can drive safety through.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. My SA didn't give me touch up paint, can I buy that at the Casa? or will detailing shops have that?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Basically Cathy whole bumper and pipinturahan para magpantay.

Kung hindi naman visible when in motion or whatever, you can just ignore it.

Very minimal lang naman ang times na iaangat mo yung car.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks. My SA didn't give me touch up paint, can I buy that at the Casa? or will detailing shops have that?
    you may ask for some touch up paint from your SA. It's free as long as the quantity isn't a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sumayad