New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Good morning tsikoteers!

Just wanted to gather suggested Automotive Books titles that discusses almost everything about maintaining and repairing automotives from engine, to electrical, body, suspension, accessories, paint, etc... I've a friend who's coming home from the US and gusto ko sana magpabili. Gusto ko kasi i-project yung 1979 mit lambda ko.

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try hayne's. daming books nila sorted by brand and car model.

you can browse some of them in fully booked * power plant mall.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Chilton's... but they're specific to the model you ask for. Have to order them from the US, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Repair manuals like that of Chilton's and Hayne's try to give a basic overview of the various automotive systems, but they can't beat the thoroughness of the explanation found in books of automotive theory.

I got my first book way back in the 80's from my mom who ordered it for me from Reader's Digest. It's called the Reader's Digest Book of the Car, and I still have it with me though it seriously needs to be re-bound. The only thing about it though is that it's just good for beginners who are just starting to learn more about cars. There are certain important aspects that the authors may have purposely left out to make it an easier read for beginners.

For a more thorough understanding, any technical book about automotive principles should provide a good follow up to the base knowledge. Better ask automotive tech students (from different schools for better variety and a wider option) what books they're using and get one for yourself.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Will check out hayne's and chilton's. I do have some basic automotive books I got from National Bookstore.

More power! Happy weekend!

Suggested Automotive Books