New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    recently I had my engine supports changed and CV boot replaced and now my suzuki esteem runs more smoothly and quietly. But now I notice a slight thumping sound at the front left, the same side as the replaced boot. It sounds similar to having a rock stuck in the tire threads or driving over grooves that run across on roads. I attempted to have athe mechanic listen to it and at the time the sounds wasn't cropping up.

Strangely, it only come up when I apply power to the drivetrain. On hills, it doesn't occur. Somtines it's loud enough to notice while in other instances it's not there. But then again this may be due to ambient sound, of traffic and cars drowning out the thumping. I have to replace my front shocks, tie rods and racks ends but I don't think these will create this noise.

What could this be?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Might be the CV joint needs replacement, too... try driving at speed (not too much please!) on inclined curves in both directions... if the thumping gets louder when you're turning in one direction, then that's likely it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

strange thumping sound