New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi to all tsikoteers!

to MODS, paki move na lang po yung thread kung mali po ng section.

Patulong po sana tungkol po sa Ford Escape namin '05 model. Kanina lang po narinig ko na meron parang squeeking sound pag andar ko. Everyday wala naman ako naririnig na ganun..kanina lang talaga. Ang pinagkaiba lang is loaded kanina ang sasakyan namin, as in puno na medyo mabigat ang mga sakay. Pero pag umaandar na nawawala naman. Tapos nung kami na lang ng family ko nakasay: me, wifey, 12yo son & 6yo daughter, hindi ko na narinig.

Similar yung tunog nung sa kaibigan ko na "fan belt" daw ang problema.

Maraming maraming salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    Hi to all tsikoteers!

to MODS, paki move na lang po yung thread kung mali po ng section.

Patulong po sana tungkol po sa Ford Escape namin '05 model. Kanina lang po narinig ko na meron parang squeeking sound pag andar ko. Everyday wala naman ako naririnig na ganun..kanina lang talaga. Ang pinagkaiba lang is loaded kanina ang sasakyan namin, as in puno na medyo mabigat ang mga sakay. Pero pag umaandar na nawawala naman. Tapos nung kami na lang ng family ko nakasay: me, wifey, 12yo son & 6yo daughter, hindi ko na narinig.

Similar yung tunog nung sa kaibigan ko na "fan belt" daw ang problema.

Maraming maraming salamat po!

typical ford. ford always have the worst possible design in suspension. it might need lubrication on moving joints. have a thorough inspection of the front suspension. this might be a warning of a potential fatal crash in the future.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    typical ford. ford always have the worst possible design in suspension. it might need lubrication on moving joints. have a thorough inspection of the front suspension. this might be a warning of a potential fatal crash in the future.
    Message well noted, sir, with many many thanks. I'll have that checked.

When you say "typical ford", what did you by that? is it common to all ford vehicles? from what i've heard from other people, suspension of ford escape is good. though they didn't mention if it is the front or back (im sorry..newbie here)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    Message well noted, sir, with many many thanks. I'll have that checked.

When you say "typical ford", what did you by that? is it common to all ford vehicles? from what i've heard from other people, suspension of ford escape is good. though they didn't mention if it is the front or back (im sorry..newbie here)
    the squeaks are a common trait of ford. in the seventies, ford made the maverick- at that time, upper and lower control arms were made of steel and had grease fittings hiding behind the suspension cavity, you had to torch openings on the body just to lubricate the joints with grease. then for F series pickup trucks made the twin I beam front suspension, the worst design ever possible considering the weight, squeaks, poor serviceability. the list goes on. they had the 65 1/2 mustang that had the fuel tank strapped in the trunk above the floor, the only thing separating the occupants of the car and the flammable fuel that will break off its straps in the event of rontal collision was the backing of the rear seats that were flammable just the same.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    dito sa shop ko sa Las Pinas meron dito Ford Escape din squeaking sound . problem nya Serpentine belt tensioner .

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by canproauto View Post
    dito sa shop ko sa Las Pinas meron dito Ford Escape din squeaking sound . problem nya Serpentine belt tensioner .

to confirm or eliminate the possibility of the noise coming from the belt, try spraying the belt with not so holy water (hekhekhek) where the belt makes contact on the grooved and the flat sides of the belt. however, the TS said that when there is light load, the noise is not heard. try lubricating the zerk fittings underchassis

Squeeking Sound (Ford Escape)