New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why would it be a bad habit moving it to N when stopped? Doing so will allow better cooling of the ATF than leaving it in D when you're not moving.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Do you, by any chance, put the shifter into N when in stop and go traffic? Some people have this habit, and it's not good for the transmission.
    I do this all the time and my shifter doesn't get hot. Reason is my engine vibrates when in D and not moving. Setting it to Neutral kills the vibrations.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i shift from D to N when im in a stop and go traffic... lakas ng vibration ng car pag naka D tapos hand break lang...like what seminarista is expiriencing with his car.bakit kaya ganun?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_eccs View Post
    i shift from D to N when im in a stop and go traffic... lakas ng vibration ng car pag naka D tapos hand break lang...like what seminarista is expiriencing with his car.bakit kaya ganun?
    ginagawa ko rin yang..N when traffic...ok lang naman eh. walang vibration..pero sometimes i've experienced "thug" sound when shifting to D.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Time to replace engine supports hehe. Puro replacements na kasi gamit ko kaya ganun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sobrang Init ng AT Lever