New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pleasant day to all. Have been using E10 on my 1993 Lancer GLi, 1996 Galant VR6 and lately my 1997 Lancer GLXi which I bought last August year. I didn't encounter any problem with the E10 when I first used it. I noticed though that I could advance the ignition timing by a small margin in my 1993 Lancer GLi, about 2 degrees advance which resulted in more power. My fuel consumption for my 1993 GLi has become better after I did this. In city driving, I get anywhere between 9-10 Kilometers to a liter and 14 kilometers to a liter in highway mode provided I do not go faster than 100 kph. The spark lugs seem to be cleaner as I perform the cleaning myself.
    I hope that noting goes wrong in the future as a result of the use of E10 though.
    Anyway so far so good. The exhaust seems better in smell.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi, Ive been running my 1997 Lancer 1.6L GLXi on e10 fuel for about 3-4 years na. Even before Shell came out with e10, Seaoil already had formulations of e10 for both the unleaded (95+ octane) and premium (97+ octane) varieties. They lowered their octane ratings to 93 and 95 about a year after I started using them.

Based on what I read, cars built after a certain year are safe to use up to e20 blend. If I recall, the year was 1992. Development is on to make cars ready for e50 and e65 blend.

You might want to ask Toyota, but my 1997 model has had no problem whatsoever.

Marami rin sigurong FX drivers ang nagpapagas sa seaoil, kasi masmura sila dati (I shifted to Shell kasi masmura na shell ngayon), maybe they would be a good source of this info too.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    E10 gas increase hit in the engine, revo is not qualified for e10. ethanol absorb water and soon you will damage your engine, for now is good but in the long run your engine breaks down and it will cost you more money to fix your engine. better choose pure unleaded gas than e10 unleaded gas. E10 gas is good for 2006 model and above.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Shell E10 for 1.8 REVO'03