New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    what can you say about a sentra eccs series 2(93mdl,1600cc,allpower,efi yata???) for a project car? applicable ba sa car na'to basic i/h/e mods and eventually performance plugs/hi-tension wires upgrades. accessible ba upgrades?. will it be worth it or should i go for an ae92 corolla, yung mga corolla kase na ka-price nito ay mga carb at single cam lang yata, then no power features pa. your ideas pls. tnx.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung all-out project car, mag toyota ka na lang... mas maraming engine choices...

pero kung stage 1 mods lang (IHE) - pwede na rin nissan...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    mas madali yata pormahan yung series 2 na sentra compared to the corolla. magandang paint job lang, lowering spring, mags and muffler ok na porma nun compared dun sa corolla

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by iliad
    what can you say about a sentra eccs series 2(93mdl,1600cc,allpower,efi yata???) for a project car? applicable ba sa car na'to basic i/h/e mods and eventually performance plugs/hi-tension wires upgrades. accessible ba upgrades?. will it be worth it or should i go for an ae92 corolla, yung mga corolla kase na ka-price nito ay mga carb at single cam lang yata, then no power features pa. your ideas pls. tnx.
    its possible to increase the GA16DE output from 110hp to 126hp with typical "bolt-on" stuff.

My previous ride was a Sentra series 2 1.6 ECCS and the mods were:
    -K&N cone filter
    -4-2-1 headers (Nodalos)
    -stainless steel freeflow muffler (Fremuff)
    -2 inch exhaust piping (Nodalos)
    -APEXi Super AFC (gen2)
    -Stillen Fuel Pressure Riser
    -MSD 6A ignition controller
    -hi-tension wires
    -Torquemaster sparkplugs
    -Clutchmaster stage 1 clutch kit
    -Eibach Sportline springs
    -15 inch alloy mags (Rota)
    -195/50/15 tires

with my setup (and I still have a couple 12 inch subwoofers in the back) I can usually beat most 1.6 cars in a drag except Civic Sir and heavily modifed VTi. BTW, its a big help if you lighten the car before the race, stuff like spare tire, tools, backseat, etc.

my measured times were: (street tires)
    8.8sec 0-60mph (roughly 0-100kph)
    15.8sec 1/4mile

My suggestion for your Project Sentra 2
    -swap the GA16DE with a SR20DE or SR20DET
    -if SR20DE, you can add a nitrous kit for another 50 HP.
    -if SR20DET, well with 190 to 210hp (depending on engine version) do you actually need more??? :D

GA16DE = 110hp
    GA16DE with turbo = 150hp
    SR20DE = 140 to 145hp
    SR20DET = 190 to 210hp
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 30th, 2004 at 09:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks for the suggestions, at least i now know na puede racing setup ang mga series2 sentras. gagamitin ko rin kase pang daily city driving ang car, what can you say about the fuel consumption of both 1.6 s2 sentra and ae92 corolla.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    corolla is more fuel efficient. sentra definitely higher fuel consumption.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do think the Sentra should be more fuel efficient since its running on an EFI engine already with a lighter body (if i'm not mistaken).

If you're keeping the stock engines, then the Sentra would be the choice for me hands down. If you plan to change engines, i think its easier to do the 4AGE swap on a 'rolla... The SR20DE/DET swap on a Sentra is more time consuming and costly (to get it done properly) but will be worth it at the end. Just dont forget to upgrade the suspension and brakes.

As Ghosthunter mentioned, the B13 GA16DE is quite responsive to bolt-on mods. One of the Nissanbayan members with an intake, and headers mod put down around 100whp on the dyno before... a lot goes down to proper tuning and condition of the engine.

my .002

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by iliad
    thanks for the suggestions, at least i now know na puede racing setup ang mga series2 sentras. gagamitin ko rin kase pang daily city driving ang car, what can you say about the fuel consumption of both 1.6 s2 sentra and ae92 corolla.
    my fuel consumption on my sentra2 with the listed mods was 5.5km/L with slightly advanced timing. Note, I was gunning the engine as often I can see open road. With factory timing, I was getting 6 to 6.5 km/L. I could do 8 to 10 km/L if I was traveling on the highway (like SLEX or NLEX).

With a turbo on my GA16DE (GA16DET), my fuel milage dropped to 4.5km/L with the same driving habits.

The factory brakes are good enough for a 1.6 turbo setup but better tires are recommended.

FYI, my sentra understeered at the limit. Since I was concentrating on drag racing, it didn't really matter for me.

sentra series 2 for a project car