New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys, I need your help.

Some stupid jerk hit me in my rear bumper earlier today while I was on a stop. When I went out to check on the damage, he immediately backed off and sped away. I didn't had the chance to get his license plate.

I initially thought of claiming insurance for my damage, which has a deductible fee of 4,500 pesos. However, I realized it wasn't worth it since my rear bumber didn't have any cracks on it. My bumper just got misaligned and had a major scratch in it; something which I think can be resolved by a touch-up job or repaint. Do you guys know of any good casa that can handle this job? If yes, can you please give me an estimate on how much it would cost? I'm still thinking of whether to claim my insurance or just have it fixed by a good casa.

Thanks!

My ride by the way is a Black 2006 Civic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cost or re-painting range 2500 to 3000 per panel (1 bumper is equal to 1 panel)...

kung maliit lang sana ipatry mo muna ipa-rub/detail yan sa big berts kaso parang malaki yata.

sana sinipa mo yung oto na bumanga sayo nung tumatakas siya... did you got his plate number? some tsikoteers have the capability to trace the whereabouts of that car if you can ID it.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_488 View Post
    Guys, I need your help.

Some stupid jerk hit me in my rear bumper earlier today while I was on a stop. When I went out to check on the damage, he immediately backed off and sped away. I didn't had the chance to get his license plate.

I initially thought of claiming insurance for my damage, which has a deductible fee of 4,500 pesos. However, I realized it wasn't worth it since my rear bumber didn't have any cracks on it. My bumper just got misaligned and had a major scratch in it; something which I think can be resolved by a touch-up job or repaint. Do you guys know of any good casa that can handle this job? If yes, can you please give me an estimate on how much it would cost? I'm still thinking of whether to claim my insurance or just have it fixed by a good casa.

Thanks!

My ride by the way is a Black 2006 Civic.
    Bro you can txt me at 0928 340 2005 .. I can help u with your problem...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I've always been wary of quality of workmanship when it comes to touch-ups jobs done by a casa. In all likelihood, jobs like this are often sub-contracted.

so why not opt for a good paint shop instead?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I decided to go for the cheapest alternative. Pinarub ko na lang siya, and then pina-wax sa Big Berts. Di na siya gaanong halata, although iyong mga deep scratches ay di na talaga natanggal. I'll just have it repainted pag dumami na talaga ang gasgas.

Siyanga pala, I know people would ask kaya sabihin ko na rin ang prices ng services nila.

They charged me 200 pesos for the rubbing and 400 pesos for the premium wash and wax. Definitely cheaper than the 2,500 pesos repaint job!

Saan magandang casa magpatouch-up or repaint?