New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    my ride got scratched last month sa rear compartment door.. 2 scratches siya, paper thin about 1" long pero malalim. di naman masyado halata kaya okay lang sana but napansin ko kanina na may lumilitaw na kalawang. is there anything i can do to eliminate and stop the spread of rust ng di na paparepaint yung buong rear compartment door..

btw, the ride is 01 toyota, blue, orig paint..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, imho. kung may rust na sya, nothing you can do DIY, kasi dapat ng i-liha yung loob nyan, at the same time, paint it over and put in some rust proof coat, bago pa sya kumalat.

i really dunno the what the body experts here would say...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually pwede kung bago pa, just sand it with sandpaper (roll it up to make a sharp cone shape) then sand away the rust and a little of the paint surrounding it. Grab some rust eliminator like 3M's Rust Eliminator pen or Turco/Turbo (harder to apply) and the rust will no longer "grow"

Happened to my hood of my previous car as well, natansan. After a day linagyan ko, after 5 years wala padin kalawang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thank you very much to both, for the very helpful info... will definitely follow your suggestions...

Rust problem