New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    don't know, wasn't able to ask him about that. Maybe you should give him a call

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    San shop yan magaling? at alam yung prob? bka meron me alam refer naman.
    final inspection autoworks
    check my sig bro

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i forgot to mention this important details...

the rust bubbles are IN LINE!! meaning they are in a straight PATTERN! not the usual random spots....its like something under the roof which is also in line has caused the rust....

are these the adhesives kaya? its weird, its really in line....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, check mo yung link na pinost ko, halos lahat ganyan pattern. Bracket nga kasi.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    yup, check mo yung link na pinost ko, halos lahat ganyan pattern. Bracket nga kasi.
    thanks again THEVEED,

i cant beleive honda could make such a dumb blunder like that...geeezz..i remember how they were marketing the civic back in the 90s as a durable car....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan
    thanks again THEVEED,

i cant beleive honda could make such a dumb blunder like that...geeezz..i remember how they were marketing the civic back in the 90s as a durable car....
    hehe. Btw, durable naman mga civic ah diba? Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yan ang common problem ng civic kahit sa neighbor namin ganyan din pahilamos mo na lang..
    Last edited by gearspeed; April 25th, 2006 at 01:49 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This also happened to our 1994 ESi which we sould to my uncle. Rust began forming a few years ago. We reported this initially to Honda Bacolod where we initially purchased the unit and finally to Honda Caloocan upon transfer of ownership. This is indeed a factory defect for the earlier EG models. The culprit was the roofing panel adhesives as well as the foam insulations used which retained more moisture and led to the formation of rust. Honda changed the roof panel for free because it was considered as a "factory defect"

sa EG na sedan lang yan prevalent, sa hatch wala pa akong nababalitaan and NOT all Esi's have it. OK naman kasi coz' you can buy a roofcut to change it, naka sunroof kapa. It's a good excuse to get a sunroof. He.he.he

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Tama ... sunroof na nga... astig pa !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Rust bubbles on my Civic's rooftop! - Help!