New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ask ko lang kung may experience kayo sa pagretread ng truck tires?

I'm thinking that it might be a good way to cut cost. A new 7.50x15 truck tire is about 5000 pesos. A recapped tire is about 1200 pesos only. So for the cost of a single tire, I can recap 4 tires.

How is the durability, life, grip and safety record ng recapped tires? Yung driver namin sabi ok naman daw sa dating mga bus at truck na dala niya. Depende daw sa galing ng rethreader. Ano comments niyo?

Sa alam ko uso ito sa jeepney drivers. Ok kaya for light delivery trucks. Canter and Elf size. Di naman heavy load bulky lang yung laman.

If you think its safe, I'll try it. Pero kung delikado, eh wag na lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wouldn't compromise safety for price.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Basing from the price that you stated, those are really cheap recaps and I think we all know what happens to El Cheapo products and services

For the record, we used to go for recaps a long time ago for our 10 wheelers. The brand was the U.S. based Bandag Retreads which came complete with warranties and really good tread designs but my Dad said that it also didn't come cheap compared to brand new.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    should be ok naman if ok yung gawa. some of the trucks in the shop get retreads but mostly for the 20 inch rims and not for the 15 inch ones.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nakow delikado ang mga retread bro. Experience ng double tire na truck nga father in law ko natanggal ang retread. muntikan ng maging malaking aksidente. Suggest ko na lang is look for second hand tires na okay pa, meron naman at the same price as retreads.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Do everybody a favor by avoiding retreads. It can peel off at high speed when going down the highway and cause a massive pile up if cars behind try to avoid it. My friend ran over one a few months back, and had to do some repairs because of that.

Worse, it can fly up into the windshield, cracking them or even breaking the glass. So as you can see it's not just for the user's safety but everybody else's.

retread