New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guyz ive already have a fireball muffler... my car still have the cat converter and the resonator.... Sbi ng gumagawa ng muffler kung papalitan ko daw ng tig 18 inches ung resonator ko eh mas mgiging buo daw ung 2nog... 22o ba ito??? may gains kaya akong mkukuha kung i upgrade ko ng 18 inches resonator ko...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    depende rin sa design ng resonator yun (perforations ng tube sa loob and yung sound damping material sa loob), di lang sa length....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    depende rin sa design ng resonator yun (perforations ng tube sa loob and yung sound damping material sa loob), di lang sa length....
    +1
    ...also, what are you after anyways? just the exhaust tone or are you trying to free up some horses? if all your concerned about is the tone, just eliminate the resonator and let your muffler do the screaming. but if your looking into performance... I would suggest doing a tubular SS header (4-2-1/4-1) + high flow cat + catback (in your case, straight pipe). as far as the pipe size, pick the appropraite one, bigger doesn't always mean better, (assuming that you have a 4 banger) if you have a 1.6 with some bolt on mods:2.25" dia.; modified 2.0/heavily modded 1.6: 2.5" dia.; turbo: 3" dia. also if your going to do a custom piping and using a crush bender, try to minimize the bends as much as possible. if you have to form a horse shoe, try to do it using pie cuts instead of bending.
    and regarding the header design, 4-2-1 is mainly designed to gain torque and the 4-1 is for top end gains.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ditch the cat since you are in manila, if your esi is really equipped with it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If your car is EFI and still has the cat, yeah, you can ditch that... as long as the car is in good condition, it'll still pass emissions with flying colors. If it doesn't, don't throw that cat away yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    If im going to ditch that cat out does my car would become noisy?? Will it gain torque or hp??

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d j View Post
    +1
    ...also, what are you after anyways? just the exhaust tone or are you trying to free up some horses? if all your concerned about is the tone, just eliminate the resonator and let your muffler do the screaming. but if your looking into performance... I would suggest doing a tubular SS header (4-2-1/4-1) + high flow cat + catback (in your case, straight pipe). as far as the pipe size, pick the appropraite one, bigger doesn't always mean better, (assuming that you have a 4 banger) if you have a 1.6 with some bolt on mods:2.25" dia.; modified 2.0/heavily modded 1.6: 2.5" dia.; turbo: 3" dia. also if your going to do a custom piping and using a crush bender, try to minimize the bends as much as possible. if you have to form a horse shoe, try to do it using pie cuts instead of bending.
    and regarding the header design, 4-2-1 is mainly designed to gain torque and the 4-1 is for top end gains.
    ask ko lang yung case ko. 98 civic lxi auto ko. kinabitan ko ng fujitsubo legalis na chambered muffler. after ikabit napansin ko na lumakas yung hatak. pero medyo gusto ko pa palakasin yung tunog. may nagsabi saken na patanggal ko daw yung resonator na katapat ng handbrake. yun yung mataba. dalawa kasi yun sabi nung nagtatanggal. may isa pa na mas manipis nauuna dun sa mataba. ang tinanggal ko yung mataba pinalitan lang ng pipe. lumakas yung muffler. ganda nga ng tunog actually e. pero napansin kong nawala yung hatak na na-gain ko before tanggalin yung reso. parang bumalik sa stock yung hatak lalo na pag uphill ang takbo. im planning to re-install my resonator. or kung ipatanggal ko nalang yung isa pang resonator? ano magiging effect nun? or ipabalik ko yung matabang reso at patanggal ko yung maliit na reso? ano naman effect nun? suggestions naman mga sir kasi ang gastos ng trial and error at putol ng putol ng pipes e. salamat and more power to you guys..

Resonator