New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Have you asked ford why the airbags didnt deploy? Baka may habol ka rin sa ford if ever i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did. Ang sabi nila hindi daw inabot ang sensor ng airbag. I guess it kinda makes sense since the driver was unscathed, but who knows. I also read somewhere else that ford has had complaints about airbags not deploying.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Exactly why im asking, ford has had some complaints about non deployment of airbags. But happens with some other brands too.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by markvilla21 View Post
    Hi everyone. First time ko po magtanong. be gentle.

I purchased an Everest Trend last September and 5 weeks later my driver crashed it into a dump truck. Nobody was hurt but the damage was pretty serious. Airbags did not deploy, but the front, the bumper, the hood, wiring, sensors, wheel alignment, windshield, door, side mirrprs and chassis were all compromised.

Ford estimated repairs to be 890k. They aren't sure if the engine and transmission will also need to be replaced as they said the vehicle needs to be restored first, then road tested so they can find out. If those are damaged, that's at least 500k more.

The loan is with BPI for 4 yrs. It's insured by BPI MS - comprehensive with acts of nature. Despite Ford's recommendation to declare the vehicle as a total loss, BU insisted the vehicle be dismantled to check the engine and transmission. According to them, repair estimates need to be 75% of the vhicle value or higher. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.

I'm concerned cause Ford says that if the vehicle is not declared a total loss, it may take around a year to repair the vehicle. I think it's absurd that I should pay for the car for abyear and not be able to use it. I also don't feel secure about the car anymore. It looks like it's been autopsied and it's hard to imagine it being back to normal ever again.

I'm considering letting them reposess it if they don't want to declare it a TL. I'm being charged via auto dbit on my savings account. If I pull out all my money and tell them I voluntarily surrender the vehicle, what will happen? I'm sure I'll have a bad record but will there be legal implications?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Hello, sir markvilla21, I have almost similar situation as yours. Pero I'm still waiting for insurance adjuster to check the unit. Malaki din damage sa body Ng 11 month old ko na fortuner. Mas preferred ko na gawin nalang nila iting total loss, Kasi I don't feel secure din kapag ni repair lang Ang unit. Can I request to show your photos of your damaged unit, para may idea din ako what will be the fate of my forty.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by markvilla21 View Post
    I did. Ang sabi nila hindi daw inabot ang sensor ng airbag. I guess it kinda makes sense since the driver was unscathed, but who knows. I also read somewhere else that ford has had complaints about airbags not deploying.
    Sa Fortuner ko din Hindi nag deploy Ang airbag nya.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Exactly why im asking, ford has had some complaints about non deployment of airbags. But happens with some other brands too.

Sa Fortuner ko din Hindi nag deploy. Tumaob na at nag crash Hindi pa Rin nag deploy.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 19michele View Post
    Sa Fortuner ko din Hindi nag deploy. Tumaob na at nag crash Hindi pa Rin nag deploy.

Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Oo nga hindi nagdeploy airbag. Baka hindi frontal collision and mukha wala side curtain airbag yung fortuner g. What cause of accident?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    Oo nga hindi nagdeploy airbag. Baka hindi frontal collision and mukha wala side curtain airbag yung fortuner g. What cause of accident?

Out of control po nung nagpreno, then umabot sa maliit na tumpok Ng lupa Kaya tumaob. Wala po sya side curtain airbag Kasi g variant Lang po sya. 3 times po sya na roll. Ano maaring gawin Kaya Ng Toyota?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    read the manual re. deployment of airbags, po.
    sometimes, the manual declares that the bags deploy on frontal collisions only. they may not deploy on roll-overs and side collisions.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast