New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    now this problem hasn't been bothering me lately, but nakakainis din pag lumilitaw.

There's a "thug" feeling from my GX when stopping at a stop light. It feels like you got rear ended sa likod but when u look, there's no one there. Dealer has attempted to fix it, replacing the driveshaft a couple times, and greasing it up. Now i heard that they have a new TSB fix for it, but kinakabahan ako. Any suggestions kung ano talaga ang problema???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GX? TSB? What's your ride?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think here's his ride...

Lexus GX 470 the twin brother of the LC 120.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If it's an A/T I think the culprit is related to the transmission. Sometimes the transmission won't shift smoothly due to Gear Oil related problems and etc.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tsb, technical service bulletin

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh, and i thought a GX is some kind of a sports car... :D tnx fguys for the info could be your 4wd system engaging then disengaging. Just follow what's in the TSB...buti nga dyan may mga bulletin na ganyan.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej
    If it's an A/T I think the culprit is related to the transmission. Sometimes the transmission won't shift smoothly due to Gear Oil related problems and etc.

hindi rear driveshaft???

Click here to read more....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had this trouble once with my Patrol. it has auto/manual hubs. there was a ratching sound tik,tik,tik and it gets more obvious when goin to a stop, then a "thug" (like going over a pothole) would be heard just when i was about to stop. turns out to be a hub (driverside) that was installed the wrong way.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    had this trouble once with my Patrol. it has auto/manual hubs. there was a ratching sound tik,tik,tik and it gets more obvious when goin to a stop, then a "thug" (like going over a pothole) would be heard just when i was about to stop. turns out to be a hub (driverside) that was installed the wrong way.

thanks for the replies, but meron bagong fix na naman ang Lexus for this. Now they will not only replace the rear driveshaft, but the rear left and right control arms. so far there has been good feedback on this new fix. Clublex thread

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this thread will be renamed to a more appropriate title.
    Signature

[Renamed] Lexus GX problem