The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    good move for Nissan... i hope other manufacturers follow suit

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pissword
    sir ghost, ford makati nag test daw ng KHAOS according SPEED magazine, yung AD ng KHAOS doon...

Ford makati, some government agencies(i forgot eh) tsaka taiwan whatever daw ang nag test... kaya better send a letter doon

or better yet, ask for info
    If i'm not mistaken... Nissan GAllery Quezon Avenue and Ford Makati have the same owners.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by vinj
    If i'm not mistaken... Nissan GAllery Quezon Avenue and Ford Makati have the same owners.
    really now? Will there be a cascade effect when nissan sends out their memo regarding khaos?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    great job dude...Pinoy di na lang kasi ipagawa mga talagang dapat palitan sa sasakyan at magmaneho ng tama para makatipid sa gas...di yung kung ano ano ang ikinakabit sa sasaskyan ng di nalalaman ang magiging impact nito sa paligid niya pati sa sariling sasakyan niy a...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    talagang ganyan yata sir chieffy. ika nga 'no contentment'...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Got this mail from a certain Jun Reyes using his personal Yahoo account:

SUBJECT : KHAOS SUPER TURBO CHARGER -

Dear Sir,

This refers to your email regarding the above subject. Please be informed that the DENR/EMB has conducted vehicle test using the KHAOS device to determine the Carbon Monoxide (CO) and HydroCarbon (HC) gaseous emission concentrations as regulated under the Implementing Rules and Regulation of the Philippine Clean Act of 1999 (RA 8749). During the tests we noted that the emission concentration of said air pollutants were significantly reduced compared to those without the device. However, with respect to your concern on the long term effect in the engine, you may contact other government agencies such as DOST, PCIERD.

We believe that said agency is currently evaluating this device.

Sincerely yours,

ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT BUREAU

AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT SECTION

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to til, (nissanbayan.com) those tests were gimmicked by raising the idle after the installation.

But the main contention is NOx... sana mag-implement na ang DENR ng NOx regulations... an-grabe na talaga ng acid rain dito... ukit na ukit ang mga patak ng ulan sa finish ng mga kotse namin!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I asked how the tests were done. I asked for documents of the procedures. I asked how many vehicles.

Sadly, the clean air act IRR might not actually require passing NOx tests. Any lawyers want to confirm this?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Sadly, the clean air act IRR might not actually require passing NOx tests. Any lawyers want to confirm this? [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe this can help :

Excerpt from the CLean Air Act 1999:

"ARTICLE FOUR
    Pollution from Motor Vehicles
    Sec. 21. Pollution from Motor Vehicles. a) The DOTC shall implement the emission standards for motor vehicles set pursuant to and as provided in this Act. To further improve the emission standards, the Department shall review, revise and publish the

standards every two (2) years, or as the need arises. It shall consider the maximum limits for all major pollutants to ensure substantial improvement in air quality for the health, safety and welfare of the general public.

The following emission standards for type approval of motor vehicles shall be effective by the year 2003:

a.) For light duty vehicles, the exhausts emission limits for gaseous pollutants shall be:

Emission Limits for Light Duty Vehicles
    Type Approval

(Directive 91/441/EEC)

CO (g/km) 2.72
    HC + NOx (g/km) 0.97
    PM (g/km) 0.14

snip....

Taken from: http://www.tanggol.org/environmental_laws/cleanair.html

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    The person to talk to (technical)...is Ms. Ella Deocadiz of Env Management Bureau Research and Devpt....... she should be able to answere queries on testing procedures.........

From the EMB website:

ella_deocadiz*emb.gov.ph
    426-4332 to 39.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Regarding Gas Saving Devices: Letter from Nissan Motors