New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    any recommended grease or lubricant. when i use wd40, parang sandali lang e. ok b yong ordinary grease (mga 100 petot) o dapat titanium o tgrease ( mga 300+ sa handyman).
    or there is another post in another thread na lithium grease spray??

one more thing, di ba nakakasira ng paintjob ng hinge yong grease?

thnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. you don't want to put grease in there. madumi masyado tsaka pwedeng mag sebo.
    just continue in using WD-40 and spray if necessary or needed.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by junnquinto2006 View Post
    any recommended grease or lubricant. when i use wd40, parang sandali lang e. ok b yong ordinary grease (mga 100 petot) o dapat titanium o tgrease ( mga 300+ sa handyman).
    or there is another post in another thread na lithium grease spray??

one more thing, di ba nakakasira ng paintjob ng hinge yong grease?

thnx
    I read in other forums the thing to use is silicon grease/lubricant. The type you kinda see in some toys. I think there is a spray type (ala insecticide in a can) with a nozzle to get into the rubbering.

Dont put a lot and I think they say you need to start near the bottom and towards the top. If you can, open the panel to better lube the railing that holds the windows. This can also be used (or rather should be used) to lubricate the door hinges as well, to prevent rust and that annoying squeaking sound old doors get.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    try using singer oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, ok ba ang wd-40 for door hinges? hindi ba madumi? yung grease kasi ang dumi (yun ang ginagamit ng toyota casa before).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    As per honda manual White Lithium grease. Im using Optimol white T paste by castrol
    Last edited by raine; August 22nd, 2007 at 05:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    I read in other forums the thing to use is silicon grease/lubricant. The type you kinda see in some toys. I think there is a spray type (ala insecticide in a can) with a nozzle to get into the rubbering.

Dont put a lot and I think they say you need to start near the bottom and towards the top. If you can, open the panel to better lube the railing that holds the windows. This can also be used (or rather should be used) to lubricate the door hinges as well, to prevent rust and that annoying squeaking sound old doors get.
    yng wd40 ba e siliconlubricant?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    guys, ok ba ang wd-40 for door hinges? hindi ba madumi? yung grease kasi ang dumi (yun ang ginagamit ng toyota casa before).
    in my case bilis po mag evaporate ng wd40. parang everyday dapat ako maglagay.

kaya inquire ako wat grease can i use. isip ko kng sa bearing na high temp an heavy ang movement, kaya nya door hinges

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    As per honda manual White Lithium grease. Im using Optimol white T paste by castrol

where can i buy white lithium grease?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although I haven't tried it, marami nagre-recommend ng silicon lubricant, WD-40 brand has a silicon lubricant IIRC, I think I've read it from their website, I'm just not sure kung available sa mga Handyman, TrueValue or Ace.

I remember I saw a silicon lubricant dun sa malaking automotive store sa Megamall, (can't recall the name), hindi nga lang WD-40 ang brand.

I'm just finishing off my WD-40 then I'll try a silicon lubricant.
    Last edited by artpogi; August 22nd, 2007 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
recommended grease/lubricant for door hinges