New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I went to this Goodyear Servitek to have my alignment checked (since my car is veering to the right after I went through a nasty pothole).

Curiously, instead of checking the wheel's alignment through the machine, the mechanic instead went on to inspect it manually. Then afterwards he then proceeded to check the front suspension of the vehicle. Their verdict? Busted ball joints and stabilizer link.

They estimated around P9K for the materials and labor.

What ticks me off is that they proceeded to inspect my vehicle for other damages rather than my main concern. My experience with them before was quite ok and I was quite surprised by this.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ganyan din sabi sa amin dati... naayos naman... kasi minsan daw kahit anong align di maibalik dahil sa ball joint

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ??? Try going to another shop to confirm it... while it's possible you could have acquired said damage, that IS strange... most often, the mechanic will put it up on the machine, align it, let you test drive it, and THEN check for damage after you've said the "pulling" is still there...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm.depende siguro sa servitek bro. ako three weeks ago, went to servitek las pinas to have my rear shocks and bushings checked dahil may naririnig akong squeak pag uneven roads.

on checking my car, sabi nung mechanic, wala naman daw diprensya. proceeded lang to put silicon lubricant sa mga joints, tapos pina test drive sa akin ng kasama sya. dun, nawala yung squeaks, up to now.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    HHmmm....afaik SOP talaga ng matinong mechanic na i-check muna ang condition ng suspension parts before alignment. Pero kung pinipilit kang papalitan sa kanila eh yun ang racket.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Tama, before conducting an alignment SOP na ang check nila ang condition ng lahat ng parts na related sa steering. Useless talaga kung mag-aalign sila ng may busted parts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JLG,

standard routine yan sa servitek. they do that to protect themselves. Bakit kamo? may warranty kasi wheel and camber alignment nila. kung busted piyesa mo e hindi talaga tatagal yung alignment job nila. Di katulad ng iba, tira lang ng tira.

I had mine done at autocamp, finally they had my steering wheel centered to the tires hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    JLG,

standard routine yan sa servitek. they do that to protect themselves. Bakit kamo? may warranty kasi wheel and camber alignment nila. kung busted piyesa mo e hindi talaga tatagal yung alignment job nila. Di katulad ng iba, tira lang ng tira.

I had mine done at autocamp, finally they had my steering wheel centered to the tires hehe.
    Yup, thats the usual SOP. If you have some doubts you can always get a 2nd opinion at another shop.

Just to add, i'm happy with the Servitek Autocamp service...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... sige... kuha muna ako ng 2nd opinion dyan sa Servitek Autocamp.

la pa naman kasi akong nararamdaman ng sira sa front suspension ko. though at 56K km, baka due for a replacement na talaga yun.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    bring it to cruven,im sure mas mura dun tsaka ok ang trabaho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Racket or Not?