New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    IMO turbo systems are usually for street use. Most track "junkies" I've heard of went either NA or Supercharged... Theoretically, turbocharged vehicle will get less out of the power they make when you drive the twisties, where you either go on/off the throttle or when 90% of the time ~ throttle steering... With that said, in my opinion turbo's are more for drag racing and less for skilled driving...
    I guess all the 911 turbos used in SCCA racing and winning are not good in the road course with all the twisties. Superchargers are better in drag racing not turbos because there is no lag and with only 1/4 mile to run you can't have lag, just look at all the NHRA and IHRA drag cars using superchargers. As far as skill have you ever had a 911 turbo or any rear drive turbo car have it's turbo kick in during a turn? It requires more skill to keep it from crashing than a linear boost supercharger which is predictable.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ron View Post
    I guess WRC and D1 grand prix are not skilled driving.Like you said on your many post Tuning is the key to make power on all powerband.Heard of tip toe driving?

Regarding wastegate and blowoff you can also call it diverter valve
    wahhhh, my bad my bad... I only considered modding street cars (mainly Honda's and others you often see in the sreets) and didn't make an exemption of "factory turboed cars" like Porsche's and others, which have very minimal lag btw... Sorry I made it sound general...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Turbo lag in racing = fun... it made cars like the turbocharged Group B Rally cars even more difficult to drive than they already were... it was a major factor in a lot of old LeMans cars, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Questions Regarding Turbo Kits