New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Guys, need help lang. Planning to get lowering springs for my 99 LXi. I'm eyeing Neuspeed greens.

1) I'm just wondering kung may specific Neuspeed part number for that model, or is it generic? What I'm avoiding is ending up with a higher front than rear fender-to-wheel clearance.

2) do i need to replace my struts? or the stock will do just fine with the lowered springs?

slamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think neuspeed springs are distinguished by color. green ang kadalasan kong nakikita for civics. subsob ng konti yung bagsak. 1.75" sa harap, 1.5" sa likod. it would be best to replace your struts to aftermarket ones, pero the stock ones will do just fine. isabay mo nalang yung pagbili ng bago kapag bumigay na yung OEM ones mo.

guys, correct me if i'm wrong nalang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep green nga talaga yung neuspeed greens. Ganito gamit ko. Pero baka hindi 1.75" ang bagsak sa harap nyan, since magaang yung engine mo as compared sa VTi or SiR. Baka mga 1.5" drop ka lang sa harap. May neuspeed yellows rin (2" drop) and blacks (.75"-1" drop - hard to find)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you don't really need to replace the struts. but it would be better if you do. and so much the better if you replace the other suspension components to match your set up.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    di ba pangit kung 1.5 drop lang instead of 1.75? ganun ba kasama tingnan o not that obvious? I was thinking of putting a ballast to add to the weight up front ... it's just a funny thought pero baka may gumagawa. hehe.

what are the obvious symptoms that the struts are about to give? just wanted to optimize the use of the stocks before replacing it. besides, it'd give me more time to save up.

slamat sa sagot sa earlier questions, guys.

query on lowering springs