New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    My ride is a '94 Corolla, turqoise blue. Normal body wear and tear, it has a few dents and scratches, some are hair-like and the other are quite deep. I really like the original color, no plans of having it changed. Recommendations please for a good car paint shop as well as how much it will cost if I have it "hilamos." Other than that, if you have any other suggestions, will gladly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you should try first PDR (paintless dent repair) and a DIY auto detailing....else visit to Big Bert's for a detail....the PDR is around P250 per dent on the average...and a good start up step 1,2,3 meguire set would be around P3K....

I'd say that it is the cheapest option before "hilamos" which could end up disastrous kung titipirin mo rin lang. IMO, a paint job is a sacred thing if you really want a good paint job, never compromise to a low budget paint job.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hilamos kaya na yan at abt 20,000 anzhal pa

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks wildthing! What's IMO? My car has scratches which are quite deep. Kaya ba ng detailing kay Big Berts after the PDR?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In My Opinion po (IMO)...depende kung gaanu ka deep ang scratch...maraming technique dyan....the pros at Big Bert can give you a good explanation on how they can do it....magsasabi rin naman yun kung kaya pa sa detailing or not.

....from what I heard an anzhal na painted over a non-polyurethane paint would only chip-off later on....sayang lang ang 20,000. As for me...never compromise on a good paint job. Ang proper preparation (they call it PREP JOB) ang time consuming, laborious and the most important part of a good paint job....eto actually ang nagpapamahal....a gallon of polyurethane wouldn't cost more than P3K.....but to spray paint it properly....ibang usapan na iyun....

the thing is, "HOW MUCH CAN YOU AFFORD?"....kasi if you do intend to sell the car in the future then why would you have it repainted pa? And if the budget for a paint job is too costly, then might as well settle for the next best thing....a complete detailing job....that is just my opinion...peace.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman siguro yan mag chip-off ng basta basta, as long as maayos ang painting job. sanding first then epoxy, etc. it all depends cguro sa painting shop. we had our galant repainted (change color) a few years back, and it still has no problems. we already sol the car last year. from stock paint to polyurethane.

actually its your call rin. di lang dapat tinitpid/ginigipit ang paint job. sayang lang pag ginanon. hehe

Quality & affordable car paint shop