New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Rion,

OT: Taga aha ka? :hihihi: May Liteace ka rin ba?
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    chekreet na lang po kung taga-saan ako.

May jdm townace yung papa ko, 2wd, 3c-t w/ intercooler + projector foglamps. Yung bro ko may jdm townace 4wd 2c-t. both 5-doors.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gud day again mga sirs.

Uhm sir drey, what i meant by 1:11 ratio was for my 5k engine with the said components installed. and did my own adjustments to the carb and distributor. and super tipid driving 1800rpm tach reading 60kph max.

and sir rion, sa underside ng 2nd row seats just right after the airbox compartment there is a space there for an IC but you have to fabricate your own mountings and bend your own tubings. Got my IC pala from surplus IC ng Isuszu Trooper. and ang liteace ko ay local pala.

Thanx for welcoming me here in tsikot.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    same here, my intercooler came from 4d56 pajero.

but mine is terrible... before the boost picks up, the meter goes -1psi... a little unresponsive compared to not having a IC. but the mid and high bands are really good. kaya mas prefer ko myroon ic.

how about yours?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir,

11 km/l in the city for a 5K? How did you do it? Share naman po kayo ng sekreto nyo... Please. :please:
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir Drey
    there is no secret just plain safe & smooth driving plus TLC sa sasakyan.
    But one thing if you would really like to know how I did it "lean burn" some may say unsafe they're correct but if adjusted properly you could save on fuel. what I did is change my carb jets from 150-primary 120-secondary to smaller ones 120-primary 106-secondary. And add khaos as to avoid pumping losses during close throttle operation, also use thinner oil shell helix 10w-40. Advance Timing 10deg. BTDC. Installed 4-2-1 headers and larger diameter exhaust and larger muffler. aircon thermostat setting 3 dot. and use 70%-30% prestone coolant and distilled water to solve overheating problems but don't take out the thermostat. And use a nice fuel for me caltex vortex silver. ANd always check your brakes and adjust if needed. change gear oil tranny and diffs. to omega gear oils.

Sir rion
    If I may ask which diesel fuel brand is best for you and what fuel brand are you using. and do you use additives? And what brand of boost/vaccum gauge did you buy and how much?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sir... This is noted for application in the future. But I still have doubts on Khaos...

Btw, Change in Carb Jets? What is that sir? Is that a part you need to replace on the van? If not done correctly, what happens to the engine?
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zed2d View Post
    Sir rion
    If I may ask which diesel fuel brand is best for you and what fuel brand are you using. and do you use additives? And what brand of boost/vaccum gauge did you buy and how much?
    I really don't drive it much, my folks pays for the gas most of the time and they go to any gas stations. but I remember Petron did better mileage, however, I cannot bet on it. baka kasi different circumstances and factors yun...

we don't use additives, we use autoguage 2"inch boost+vacuum guage. bought in banawe for 1K. In my town it costs 1.5K

do you use any form of boost controller and blow off valve?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *Sir Rion,

What are the benefit of these?
    we use autoguage 2"inch boost+vacuum guage.
    Last edited by drey; January 24th, 2008 at 09:15 AM.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bro yung jets that im talking about are the ones inside your carburetor that controls the amount of fuel when you step on the accelerator pedal. this objects looks likes screw with a tiny hole in the middle. when you change this things your really doing an carburetor overhaul palinis mu na din ang entire carb while at it. And sir rion where did you install the gauge where did you get the readings from?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Q's for gurus on our LiteAce