New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnart View Post
    KCboy,
    i have the same problem with my pajero's turbo, may leak na daw sa turbo, need ko daw palitan mga seals sa turbo ko, anyone know a reputable urbo service center??

betan calibration in their website it says that they will ahve this service try calling them they might be able to fix it. 8992819 makati branch

napagawa mo na ba sa betan??? how much kaya inabot sa iyo???

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    kcboy,
    I haven't had a problem with my turbo equipped strada and pajero. So I don't have an experience yet where to bring them for repair.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ...mga Bossing..., san na nga' ba pwedeng makita si "Sir Joseph">>? un "pajero xpert"..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nasa multinational village siya. he has his own thread here in fact, search mo na lang bro for his contact numbers. :D

jga22bo yung handle niya here.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    very informative thread. can anyone confirm if betan calibration or central diesel accepts converted units to have their engines checked?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi i think like the reply says do the cheapest like air filters and fuel filters first , then maybe glow plugs kahit 2 lang hehehe kasi ang alam ko used to have a friend who had a fleet of jeeps and he said kahit isa lang okay na yan kasi ang diesel pag nag start okay na yon dapat but in your case you said you would have to step on the accelerator , to keep it alive so it was about the same problem i had with my besta before it would start and then sputter and then die then i would have to pump the fuel filter the one that has a round button on top of the fuel filter and then crank it hopefully get diesel to the injection pump and start the car if i do i have to rev it too about 1k rpm so it would pump diesle and prime the injector you say it shakes so it is a sign of fuel starvation with white smoke it is almost a sign of lack of diesel and usually when it shakes there is the usual knoking sound of the engine like the post says change the filters air and fuel and if you like glow plugs but for me if you can crank the car and start but it dies down means the diesel is heated up by the plugs so it starts but if you want you can change them finally the injection pump have it checked if you did used such a high bio diesel concentration you might have melt down the slugde from the diesels before in the tank and clogged the injection pump since you claim to have change the filter after that if it still dont work you can try the injector nozzle oh you can try the nozzel have them removed and check costs about 600 in some diesle calibration shops they would connect a pump like contraption and try to see if the nozzle does vaporize the diesel almost to a fine mist thats is cheaper still than the injection calibration although some people say you dont really have to calibrate the rotary type injection pump but in your case since it might be clogged too so be ready to spend about 3 to 4 k for that my besta had that prblem it had a leak in the injection so diesle goes all the way back to the tank thats why it would start with the left deiesel in the injection and once it out it dies

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    need help....i encounter same problems with my pajero (2.5) 4d56 engine (HARD STARTING especially in the morning). recently, i have my injectors calibrated and i also change my nozzle tips (4 pieces). i also change the all glow plugs and i noticed that the tip of it (except for one) is wet...i think its engine oil...is this normal?
    until now (especially in the morning) encounter hard starting with my pajero, but when it starts everything is ok then the next morning same problem again...i out of solutions already.
    my fellow tsikoter's please share your ideas on this...
    need your advice..
    thanks in advance

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi guys, here is the update of the overhaul of my 4m40 engine

Labor :

Pull down engine assembly for major overhauling, replace main bearing, conrod bearing, piston rings, liner assembly, engine valve, valve seal, overhauling gaskets. Assemble and recondition engine assembly P12,000
    Machine shop P30,036
    Calibration (minor cleaning and changing of injectors) P680

Total for labor P42,716

Parts
    1 set engine sleeve P2,160
    1 set piston rings P3,400
    1 set main bearing .25 P1,950
    1 set conrod bearing .25 P950
    1 set thrust washer P600
    1 set balancer bushing(orig) P1,700
    1 set piston pin bushing P650
    8pcs engine valves (orig) P7,600
    8pcs valve guide (orig) P3,680
    1 set overhauling gaskets (orig) P13,200
    1 pc aircon belt P320
    2 pc alternator belt P700
    1 pc oil filter P340
    1 pc fuel filter P360
    4 pcs nozzle tips P7,040
    8 lts motor oil P875
    3 lts atf P390

total for parts P45,915

grand total of overhaul P88,631

at the moment the car is having a stationary break-in and a bit adjustments here and there. Having a bit of a problem with the injector. Fuel seems to leak out of it overnight. Hopefully this is all the cost

Sir,

pwede malaman kung saan shop kayo nag pa overhaul ng pajero nyo? and how many days ang inabot b4 matapos?4M40 ba engine ng pajero nyo. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir mawalang galang na po, magpapa overhaul din sana ako ng Pajero pero 4d56 kaya nakita ko itong thread. Question ko lang po, bakit ang mahal ng Machine shop Cost niyo which consume almost 1/3 ng expense mo saan siya and worth it po ba? And I assume yun mga item na walang nakagay na (orig) are all replacement (class A). I know 6 years na po itong post but would i knw if good standing pa din yun Pajero niyo??? I mean spending for P30T machine shop + Putting Replacements on your engine? YThank you in Advance and i hope you can enlighten me.

Hi guys, here is the update of the overhaul of my 4m40 engine

Labor :

Pull down engine assembly for major overhauling, replace main bearing, conrod bearing, piston rings, liner assembly, engine valve, valve seal, overhauling gaskets. Assemble and recondition engine assembly P12,000
    Machine shop P30,036
    Calibration (minor cleaning and changing of injectors) P680

Total for labor P42,716

Parts
    1 set engine sleeve P2,160
    1 set piston rings P3,400
    1 set main bearing .25 P1,950
    1 set conrod bearing .25 P950
    1 set thrust washer P600
    1 set balancer bushing(orig) P1,700
    1 set piston pin bushing P650
    8pcs engine valves (orig) P7,600
    8pcs valve guide (orig) P3,680
    1 set overhauling gaskets (orig) P13,200
    1 pc aircon belt P320
    2 pc alternator belt P700
    1 pc oil filter P340
    1 pc fuel filter P360
    4 pcs nozzle tips P7,040
    8 lts motor oil P875
    3 lts atf P390

total for parts P45,915

grand total of overhaul P88,631

at the moment the car is having a stationary break-in and a bit adjustments here and there. Having a bit of a problem with the injector. Fuel seems to leak out of it overnight. Hopefully this is all the cost

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
problem with my pajero