New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Info:
    Daihatsu Charade bought 2nd hand.
    1995 below model.

I have a friend who brought his Daihatsu Charade for some inspection.
    He is complaining about high fuel consumption.

The car's problem is that when you turn off the ignition the engine will not stop. It continued to run (pero makalampag). One has to put the gear into 1st gear then release the clutch to force the engine to stop.

We adjusted the idle screw (lowered it / rotated it counter-clockwise) This seemed to stop the engine once the ignition is turned to the off position.

But!

The engine will not immediately stop. You will wait for at least 3 to 5 seconds before the engine will completely stop.

Anyone here who have experienced this? Any help and info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bro i forgot the right term. our itlog had that problem before, redondo after turning off the engine.

correct idling, proper air/fuel mixture and correct timing did the trick.

good thing i dont experience this on my charade.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    timing lang po yan.

timing lang yan.. check mo. baka sira/ loose na din ang advancer sa loob ng distributor...

linis carb pwede din...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the replies.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Caloocan_6th View Post
    Info:
    Daihatsu Charade bought 2nd hand.
    1995 below model.

I have a friend who brought his Daihatsu Charade for some inspection.
    He is complaining about high fuel consumption.

The car's problem is that when you turn off the ignition the engine will not stop. It continued to run (pero makalampag). One has to put the gear into 1st gear then release the clutch to force the engine to stop.

We adjusted the idle screw (lowered it / rotated it counter-clockwise) This seemed to stop the engine once the ignition is turned to the off position.

But!

The engine will not immediately stop. You will wait for at least 3 to 5 seconds before the engine will completely stop.

Anyone here who have experienced this? Any help and info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sir naka advance masyado distributor mo. i pa timing mo na din ng tama kasi kung malakas sa gas charade mo e di charade yan. hehehe.

may charade ako before. i kept it for 8 years. city driving is 12 to 14 km/l, then sa highway is 14 to 18. check mo na din tire pressure.

punta ka forum ng daihatsu club (DCP). daihatsuclubph.org sigurado matutulungan ka nila dun.

Problem with: Daihatsu Charade