New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hello po mga sir,

tanong ko lang po sana if anybody here uses or purchased Powercraft tools/?

any feedbacks po?was thinking of buying a compressor and spray gun package.

ilan HP po pala yung adequate for spray painting purposes?at saka doubles as air supply for my wheels.

if not any recommendations what brand of compressor is good?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    hello po mga sir,

ilan HP po pala yung adequate for spray painting purposes?at saka doubles as air supply for my wheels.

threx666,
    first question: powercraft tools, most tools reaching the philippines are made in china or taiwan. they almost do the job too most of the time but if they come with warranty, any tool breakage is supposed to be covered under warranty, if not, shop for another brand which carries warranty and parts support
    second question: how many horsepower compressor for spray painting? it varies if you have the conventional sprayer or you have the HVLP (high volume low pressure) sprayer. you are safe with compressors with at least 4 cfm. the smaller the compressor is, the more frequent the motor starts up and the moisture in the compressed air does not have sufficient time to settle in the storage tank. the quality of your paint job suffers. it is better to have a bigger compressor than necessary that you can power down or you can regulate pressure and paint delivery
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    hello po mga sir,

Based on my experience as a bodyman and painter in the states, you should have at least a 2hp motor and at least 20 gallon tank for that if its just for backyard use. That will have enough power to drive impact wrenches, orbital sanders and stuff. Mine is a Craftsman pero nasa states e. Di ko alam ung powercraft e. And the most important thing in painting is having a water trap attached to your spray gun or compressor for mirror shine results in painting and ineextend din also the life of youre pneumatic/air tools. Kase pag wala nito mahahaluan ng tubig ung paint job mo resulting in fish eyes sa paint mo. Its like water droplets in your paint job. Then when you spray, make sure when ure using HVLP guns (gravity fed) make the pressure around 20 to 30 psi lang. If its conventional lang (suction - type)make it 35 to 45 psi naman.

Ok i'll make you pointers na lang tips para pang car show finish talaga:
    1. Conventional guns - for primer lang

2. HVLP guns - use two guns 1 for basecoat 1 for clear coat.

3. Do not sand in between the basecoat and clearcoat( clear will just tend to fall off in the long run.) Just give 20 mins. for the basecoat to set then spray the clear.

4. The more the coats of clearcoat the shinier. Even if you have a cheap basecoat as long as you have a good clear oh boy im tellin you ure paint will be as smooth as a baby's butt. hehehe (ung boss ko na amerikano 8 coats of clear coz pang car show hot rodding kse hobby)

5.Always use measuring cups when mixing paint. ex. reducer, hardener, clear mix. Pag sinabi sa can 1:1 or 4:1:1 do IT. wag hulaan ang timpla.

6. Always sand thoroughly ang edges like door jams, mga gilid gilid when prepping, because those are the first ones to chip off coz painters tend to be lazy on those things.

At marami pang iba.....hirap i explain hahaba na. I used to paint kse for Geico Insurance para sa mga naaaksidenteng auto and also I got plenty jobs aside. If anymore questions regarding sa paint feel free to ask me.

PowerCraft tools any good?