New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello guys...

tanong ko lang possible causes kapag nababawasan ng langis yung makina. haven't had an oil change. however, in that period, have already added a little more than a liter of oil into the engine on two occassions already (so a total of more than 2 liters of oil was already added).

haven't checked the sparkplugs, though. but it seems the exhaust is quite okay. not smokey white or grayish, not even a trace of black smoke. also, i haven't checked the sides of the oil pan for leaks, but if there are any, it would show several drips in the garage, right? there aren't any, i think.

have had brought the car to a trusted mechanic, but forgot to mention about the oil. the mechanic just added the needed amount and said nothing about it.

so, could you give any insights on that... thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    normal lang mag bawas ng langis. this is due to evaporation heat and ventilation. between oil change of 5,000 km 1 liter is "almost" normal. baka may leak ka, pa check mo ulit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The older th car or engine is , the faster mag burn nito ng oil unless naka synthetic ka .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hmm...read somewhere na one of the byproducts of oil n heat is sulfuric acid...tama ba?

Ung nangyari kasi sa amin, me tagas na ung mga O-rings sa engine...it's a pretty old car na kc...so i guess one of your suspects na rin to B).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so i guess its really not a bad thing, right?

possible causes pag nababawasan ang langis