New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the other night i was cruising around 100 kph along C5, all of a sudden a check engine lights up... the next day i went to Chevrolet Pasig to diagnose the problem, and they hooked it up with a hand held computer and stated PO268 - Injector 3 Control Circuit High Voltage. (it cost me 440.00 for that alone) they said that i should leave my car for further examination and since the mileage has already reached 39 thousand plus kilometer, they would also do a PMS on my car as well... (14,190.00)

to be honest, my car runs well, and i periodically check the oils and its still clean...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whoa, multiple thread attack!!!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ouch... that's pretty serious at just 40k. Keep us posted on developments.

Refresh my mind... first batch Optra pa yung sa inyo, diba?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Isn't your car still under warranty at 40T kms?

Not sure if this is the correct or best advice, but If your car is running fine, ask them to clear the CEL. It might be a temporary engine hickup (for lack of a better word). If it is, then the CEL will stay off and you should be able to use the car with no problems. If there really is something wrong, the CEL will light up again.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    that only shows that the SA (service advisor) is doing his job, he he. IMO the 440.00 they charge for the DTC P0268 is really cheap and fair (if repair was done). the pms is your prerogative.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ouch... that's pretty serious at just 40k. Keep us posted on developments.
    Refresh my mind... first batch Optra pa yung sa inyo, diba?
    yes, i think first batch iyun optra ko, 3 grill pa siya...
    serious ba talaga? hindi ko pa binalikan, the car is running fine naman... except for that Check Engine Lights...

Isn't your car still under warranty at 40T kms?
    supposed to be under warranty, pero morethan three years na car ko, bihira ko lang kasi ginagamit kaya ganyan kababa ang mileage...

Not sure if this is the correct or best advice, but If your car is running fine, ask them to clear the CEL. It might be a temporary engine hickup (for lack of a better word). If it is, then the CEL will stay off and you should be able to use the car with no problems. If there really is something wrong, the CEL will light up again.
    tried that already, pero persistent pa rin iyun CEL indicator naka ilaw pa rin...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good luck. Try to "sweet talk" the service advisor into working out something under warranty... the problem might still fall under the "secret" warranty. Again, keep us posted. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sometimes CEL's are isolated incidents. Had one driving along NLEX. Pulled into the gas station, turned off the engine and restarted.

CEL did not illuminate anymore.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

PO268 - Injector 3 Control Circuit High Voltage???