New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I have a, periodically maintained with no repairs to be made, Corolla XE 1996 bigbody that clocks 235,000 kilometers on its odometer. I am just curious if there is anybody who has more kilometer reading than this? I want to have an idea of perhaps how many years still i can expect from my car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by barok97 View Post
    I have a, periodically maintained with no repairs to be made, Corolla XE 1996 bigbody that clocks 235,000 kilometers on its odometer. I am just curious if there is anybody who has more kilometer reading than this? I want to have an idea of perhaps how many years still i can expect from my car.
    as long as you maintained it properly and regularly and immediately replace worn out parts, it's not like us human which has an average life span of 60 -80 years old (you are lucky nowadays if you reached 50) but typically in cars? I guess there's no life span for it because first of all it is a non-living objects, it just a pieces of metal putted together, You know, My classmate in college who owns a 1989 Mitsubishi Lancer (yes, the box type one) and when I rode on it yes there's feeling inside of me that it is still runs like it was bought yesterday, runs like it was young and you can't imagine that it is a 21 year old car, believe it or not, it was still keep in fresh and preserved by its owner and assure it was maintained regularly and promptly, (I hope I can do to that to my car too)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by barok97 View Post
    I have a friend who's sentra's odomoter reading is 300k + but still runs good.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    just continue doing your pms and it would last you long. frequent oil changes helps too. btw, have your timing belt checked once in a while. it a big hassle if this snaps.

btw, we own a 78 lancer and a 1990 corolla xl both are stock and in a relatively good condition and both are almost daily driven. i think the odo reset a few times already on the lancer. hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    My bros 93 corolla gli has 500,000+ kms on its odometer.My 94 Daihatsu Feroza has 293,000kms.Both cars was previously owned by my dad.Just continue w/ your cars periodic maintenance,dont modify the engine.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    2E engine is a belt type timing . Marami nakakalimutan nila ang pagpalit rito . Reminder lang iwas abala ,gastos at sakit sa ulo . lalo na iyong hindi masyadong nakakaalam sa makina .takbo lang ng takbo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Wow, 500,000 kms! sana maabot ng car ko yan. thanks for all the comments.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    just as i was telling the 235k kilometer reading of my corolla, i was sudenly bombarded with various repairs. Carburator overhaul, change of Brake master and fuel pump. it's now back on the road. Happy motoring.

There are some Corollas going over 1-million KM's in Africa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    2E engine is a belt type timing . Marami nakakalimutan nila ang pagpalit rito . Reminder lang iwas abala ,gastos at sakit sa ulo . lalo na iyong hindi masyadong nakakaalam sa makina .takbo lang ng takbo.
    yes, it is easy to maintain a 2E engine. Basic engine but durable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Corolla XE 1996 life span