New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    My Nissan Eagle 96 (160+km mileage) started exhibiting problems a while back ganito po ang nangyayari:

1. Starts ok pero pagpinatakbo medyo kinakapos, pag inapakan ang gas parang nasisinok, my driver remedies it by pumping the air bleed thing, mag iimprove pero after a while ganun ulit. Only when the engine warms up to a certain level saka siya tatakbo ng matino. So bago makalakad 15 minute warm up on the average - sayang oras at gas!

2. Kahapon naman biglang ayaw magstart, battery ok, push start ok, when key is turned walang pitik. Pagna-start at pinatay, starts ok after a few seconds pero mag tumagal wala na namang pitik.

Any ideas what could be causing these problems? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It could be a combination of dirty/clogged fuel filter and starter problem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    It could be a combination of dirty/clogged fuel filter and starter problem.
    im currently out of town, how much should i allot for my driver to have the starter/ fuel filter fixed at least for parts?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    check the battery cable, that could be corroded or poor connection.

try start the engine and sabay tap the starter with small hammer or anything para maalog ang starter.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    which would be the starter? Im giving my driver instructions over the phone. He nor I exactly exactly well versed with a Nissan's innards.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i had same problem b4, parang short supply of fuel. mechanic suggested replace fuel filter pump. after that, ok na. regarding with no start, try mo pa check ang linya sa electrician, pa check mo na rin starter mo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    check your carburator float valve, fuel filter and vacuum advance hose. Regarding your starting problem, clean your battery terminal

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if sa starter madalas baklas ng electrical shop yan then check nila yun carbon and the bushing/bearings on both side. kakagawa lang yun sa patrol and it cost me less than 700 php. new carbon and bearings na siya. turn out kaya pala mahina na ang ikot is because yun bearings malapit ng mag seize.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    afrasay, you were right carbon were used up and needed new bearing for starter, one click na ulit.

as for the palya, may leak on one of the hoses that deliver the fuel into engine. this lets air into the fuel line kaya kailangan i-bleed. simple brass washer installed at a calibration shop did the trick so far. keeping fingers crossed na yun na yon.

thanks to all who replied. hope this helps someone else too.

Palyado to NO starting...HELP