New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, got a 96local pajero hope you can help me with my problem... anybody knows here what do I need to replace as the speedometer is not giving any speed reading anymore as well as the distance travelled. A friend have told me that it doesn't have a cable... what do i need replace to make it work again?.. thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep has the same problem.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need to replace the electronic sending unit attached to the transmission (driver's side).

It costs almost Php 5,000.00 brand new. Haven't found a surplus one yet so I'm living with a dead speedo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    and a dead speedo also equates to a dead odo right?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    You need to replace the electronic sending unit attached to the transmission (driver's side).

It costs almost Php 5,000.00 brand new. Haven't found a surplus one yet so I'm living with a dead speedo.

Thanks OTEP, san nyo po nbili ang sending unit pr dun n rin ako bibili... ty zalex...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I have the same problem. When I had it checked, they said that I need to replace the Speedometer Sensor. A bit pricey nga at P5,000. I am also looking for a cheaper place to buy this or even a surplus part. Medyo sunod sunod ang car repairs ko kaya can't afford to spend P5,000 for this.
    Please advise if anybody has found a cheaper speedometer sensor. I am will do my search.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    may fuse ba ang speedometer? ganun din sa akin eh. standard ba ang mga speedo? o ibang brand per type of car?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    walang fuse yan. if it ain't working it's either the sensor or the gauge.

yup, dead speedo means dead odo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. I'm still at 53,000.00kms. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. I tried going to surplus shops but all the 4d56's with transmissions had a speedo cable instead of the electronic sending unit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    busted speedo = lower milage = better resale value. hehe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pajero Speedometer Malfunction