New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Ano ang naging prepared setting mo Mam, straight or inclined yung sandalan, mataas/mababa, mas malapit/malayo sa manibela?
    Seat height: a few notches below the highest
    Seat position: closer to manibela, with back (and butt ) plastered to sandalan which is straight. although I'm thinking of reclining it just a little bit this coming week. yung right leg ko, may slight bend, and upper leg is mostly supported by seat cushion.

Iniisip ko nga if I should experiment with lower seat + recline + a bit farther from manibela for a few days this coming week just so I can confirm that this was really the cause of the discomfort I was feeling.
    Last edited by April_Ryan; November 17th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    so, it was a matter of ergonomics, not a problem with the car. it was the car-driver interrelations or interface
    Have yourself checked for Sciatica. This is the compression of the sciatic nerve from the buttocks that affects and radiates pain to the legs. Best to see a doctor about it. Audi had this problem before...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    Seat height: a few notches below the highest
    Seat position: closer to manibela, with back (and butt ) plastered to sandalan which is straight. although I'm thinking of reclining it just a little bit this coming week. yung right leg ko, may slight bend, and upper leg is mostly supported by seat cushion.

Iniisip ko nga if I should experiment with lower seat + recline + a bit farther from manibela for a few days this coming week just so I can confirm that this was really the cause of the discomfort I was feeling.

Sa height, mataas din setting ko. Distance sa manibela, enough na hindi naman straight ang mga braso at hindi masyadong baluktot, pero sa sandalan mas prepared ko na naka-incline ng a few degrees. Pag long drive (more than 3hrs), nag a-adjust ako ng height at inclination para ma-reposition yung mga ngawit.

Finally, wala pa naman akong problema sa pamamanhid Mam, besides meron pala akong extra cushion na nakalagay sa seat ko.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Have yourself checked for Sciatica. This is the compression of the sciatic nerve from the buttocks that affects and radiates pain to the legs. Best to see a doctor about it. Audi had this problem before...
    Mukhang ito nga ang source ng pain sa right leg ko. Ang solution ko ay massage ko muna ng yun right side ng leg ko with warming oil. Didiinan ko yun tumigas na nerve for 5 minutes na parang ikinakalat ko yun oil. Slide ko pataas pababa sa side ng right leg ko. Kailangan madidiin ang pag massage ng thumb. Na observe ko na mas matagal na bago mag occur yun pain sa long driving. Minsan di na nga mag occur.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I'm a new driver din. Learned with M/T and now driving AT. I noticed, my right ankle feels a little discomfort after about an hour of driving. I'll test your suggestions, however, is there an ideal and ergonomical seat? If yes, how should I know? Tnx! 😄

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Let us know what happens.

If you do resort to lowering the seat height, you might have to get used to the view. With the seat swap on my Jazz, the H-point (hip point) went down 2" and it was very noticeable, and it took me a couple weeks to confidently navigate with the lower seat and seat rail height. I doubt that height-adjustable stock seats will have that much of a difference, though.

For illustration purposes, using bottles of beer:
    The beer might also help ease the pain, just dont take it while driving or before driving. Maybe when you get home na.

Quote Originally Posted by goldrat View Post
    your wallet might be putting pressure on some nerve or vessel. specially if its thick crammed with bills, coupons, credit cards and the like.
    Proven ito, may fat wallet full of receipts, calling cards and a 50-peso bill really makes my right leg numb. From then on, I remove the wallet before I drive .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Proven ito, may fat wallet full of receipts, calling cards and a 50-peso bill really makes my right leg numb. From then on, I remove the wallet before I drive .[/QUOTE]

This is called the "Fat Wallet Syndrome" in Orthopedics. I havent owned a RAV4 or a Forester but I suspect their seating position ergonomics is different resulting to your Sciatica (numbness on your R leg)...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    The beer might also help ease the pain, just dont take it while driving or before driving. Maybe when you get home na.

Proven ito, may fat wallet full of receipts, calling cards and a 50-peso bill really makes my right leg numb. From then on, I remove the wallet before I drive .

masusugatan pa butt mo with that fat wallet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123