New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys i have a 2003 Mitsubishi lancer MX. I'm planning of changing the SPARK PLUGS of my ride. If i shift to DENSO IRIDIUM, how will my fuel consumption and performance be affected?

thanks guys..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tanong ko lang kung self adjustment tuppets ba yung sa corolla 4AF engine?nag tanong kc ako sa mechanic eh self adjustment daw?kc yung engine ko eh may naririnig ako na maingay parang ang tunog eh yung sa tuppet nga maingay kc parang tunog ng diesel na makina,pero pag uminit naman yung makina eh nagiging smooth naman nawawala na yung tunog?normal lang ba ito?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    share ko sa inyo kung paano ang complete tune-up job, {1st},check the valve lash (valve tappet clearance) with the filler gauge,adjust it if possible,usually .039-.041 of an inch,,{2nd}.check the ignition timing(retard or advance){3rd}replace the spark plug and with the DMM check the resistance of the spark plug wires(6000-8000 ohms/foot),{4th}check the battery and battery cable,then do the battery test (12.6V-9.6V),charging test (14V-15V) and draw test (.2 amps or 20 ma).{5th}check the hooses(pcv,vent,egr,coolant,vacuum hoose to brake booster,etc.).{6th}fi service or bg service.{7th}optional--change engine oil and filter---top off all fluid (coolant,wiper res.,brake,power steering,,,,,,,,start the engine for 5 seconds and then turn it off then check the oil level,,check for leaks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    guys i have a 2003 Mitsubishi lancer MX. I'm planning of changing the SPARK PLUGS of my ride. If i shift to DENSO IRIDIUM, how will my fuel consumption and performance be affected?

thanks guys..
    no noticable effect on performance and fuel consumption....

basically, iridium spark plugs are long life plugs.... para sa mga tamad maglinis magpalit ng spark plugs... less maintenance.... yun lang po....

m, i'd rather change my stock/ordinary spark plugs kahit every 5000kms since mura lang naman... naka-5 changes ka na ng stock/ordinary which is equivalent sa magagastos mo sa isang set ng iridium.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    just do a italian tuneup.Wot wot.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normally if you need to ask what needs to be done, you are better off letting an expert do it for you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    normally if you need to ask what needs to be done, you are better off letting an expert do it for you.
    nice advice sir...

sometimes, the DIY does not really turn out to be do-it-yourself, but rather destroy-it-yourself....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
paano mag tune up?