New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naku po!!! wag niyo naman pasakiting ang ulo ko on a Christmas Day...hehehe. ok lang naman magtalo wag lang mag name calling. Sometimes o madalas one word lang could spark a word war. O2 sensor ba? dito kasi sa pinas anything goes. yun seatbelt and third brake light nga ang tagal ng standard and a law na sa US and europe sa atin wala lang. So yun mga transplant na engine na efi ng nilalagay sa owner na galing sa surplusan works without an O2 sensor. Yes, kailangan talaga yun O2 sensor for optimun efficiency and pollution control pero dun sa mga bumibili ng new cars di na nila pinapansin yun aside from what is written sa specs. Merry Christmas po...tis the season to be jolly and be humble..Peace!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, maslaxed ang automotive laws sa Philippines for better or for worse. Catalytic Converters and O2 sensors are not required and were not standard when I purchased my vehicle, kaya it didnt come with any of the two, At the same time, it would be cheaper for the company to assemble the car without these two installed.

However, it does have an onboard computer and fuel injection... I dont know if it would be economical for mitsubishi to manufacture a different kind of computer just for the markets without O2 sensor such as the Philippine market. It might be more economical for them to just ship the same computer for all countries and not to connect an O2 sensor to keep prices down. Kaya I think that if the 1997 Lancer in other countries came with an O2 sensor, then mine might just have the slot for it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When you have sensors you have actuators. Based on your year and model what do you think are the actuators connected to the sensor you wish to install. Be very sure that voltage/resistance of this sensor matches the computer box because it might just destroy your box or disturb its calculations.

The best suggestion i can give is to check kung may abang na socket for the sensor and meron "specific" spot on the manifold where to put it. My fear is if you put it to near or to far from the exhaust source might give wrong return voltage.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; December 26th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    damn, i hate arrogant people

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fighting aside, I checked out the Vitara. It too is equipped with an 02 sensor when sold Stateside.

However, the local one doesn't have said sensor and I could not find out how to hook a sensor to the electricals. This and the fact that the engine does not have the mounts for an 02 sensor.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Fighting aside, I checked out the Vitara. It too is equipped with an 02 sensor when sold Stateside.

However, the local one doesn't have said sensor and I could not find out how to hook a sensor to the electricals. This and the fact that the engine does not have the mounts for an 02 sensor.
    I was able to download a technical manual for my car's engine on the internet I searched it at google and found 2 sites which had them. One site was pdftown.com. It showed me where the O2 sensor was supposed to be mounted. I couldnt find it on my car because according to the manual, it was covered by a metal plate. Unfortunately Im in the US and my car is in Manila, so I cant "test" the theory on the manual yet. But the manual covered all the engines in that Mitsubishi family and it specified the car models they were placed in (Pajero, Galant, Lancer, Mirage,), year, and country (for US models, For domestic models, for european models,etc).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    I was able to download a technical manual for my car's engine on the internet I searched it at google and found 2 sites which had them. One site was pdftown.com. It showed me where the O2 sensor was supposed to be mounted. I couldnt find it on my car because according to the manual, it was covered by a metal plate. Unfortunately Im in the US and my car is in Manila, so I cant "test" the theory on the manual yet. But the manual covered all the engines in that Mitsubishi family and it specified the car models they were placed in (Pajero, Galant, Lancer, Mirage,), year, and country (for US models, For domestic models, for european models,etc).
    That is great! Baka nga pagbukas mo ng plate meron ka pa lang O2 sensor na nakakabit at plugged and you never knew it was just only there.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and you're suppose to replace this O2 sensor at a given mileage or when the dashboard indicator lit up.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    well ang reason nga kung bakit walang O2 sensor yung kotse ni sir webmiester ay hindi ito intended for the us market. lahat ng mitsu sa us ay equipped ng O2 sensor as mandated by carb and epa. since early 80's na ka tie-up ang mitsu sa chrysler and i'm sure equipped sila ng devices na magreduce ng harmful emission

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Oxygen Sensor help