New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    these vents can be accessed (most of the time) by working under the dash board....kaso mabusisi yun.
    i actually have the same problem with my Mitsubishi 97 GLXI. My vents are closed pero outside fumes are coming in. My question is, sinong gumagawa ng vents? Sa mga aircon repair shops, di daw sila gumagawa. Will something be replaced or may ihihinang lang?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mang Mario fixes them. But most of the time, if you just don't want outside smells getting in, he can permanently close them off.

In my case, he just replaced the foam gaskets of the door that opens to allow outside air in since I did not want to lose use of my recirc switch.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi i happen to own a mazda 3 as well (2.0). Anyway does yours come with auto-climate control? If yes, during mornings or pag medyo malamig ang weather when you press the Auto Climate Control switch to turn on the AC the default would be to get air outside (this explains why you smell outside fumes). Just look for the button near the AC switch near and the rear window defogger and AMB button then toggle the light to "RED" for recirculate mode.

OT:

Kumusta mileage ng MZ3 mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know if this applies to mazda 3, but some computer-controlled aircon may be factory-programmed to automatically let outside air in for 30 seconds every 30 minutes when it is set to recirculate, to ensure the cabin air is refreshed ... this may be ok for unpolluted places but somewhat a nuisance in places like manila

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    check if there is a cabin filter and if it needs to be replaced na.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Appreciate the informative advise of everyone which I took into consideration and be more observant.

To A4Tech - Yes its equipped with an Auto Climate control (I will be a bit conscious on that recirculate control). Once you manually override the auto climate to adjust the temp control, the recirc also turns off thus the need to switch it on again. For the mileage its basically new (1.6V, 2007) - I'm getting 12.2 to 13.9 km/l now just city driving with a max speed of 100 kph (w/c is very limited normally short span ng SLEX lang at early mornings or late evenings). I don't know if its good or just OK lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthrob View Post
    Appreciate the informative advise of everyone which I took into consideration and be more observant.

To A4Tech - Yes its equipped with an Auto Climate control (I will be a bit conscious on that recirculate control). Once you manually override the auto climate to adjust the temp control, the recirc also turns off thus the need to switch it on again. For the mileage its basically new (1.6V, 2007) - I'm getting 12.2 to 13.9 km/l now just city driving with a max speed of 100 kph (w/c is very limited normally short span ng SLEX lang at early mornings or late evenings). I don't know if its good or just OK lang.
    OT:

Wow... i wish ganyan mileage ko. Got mine last month 8/28/07.

Mine's a 2.0R (sabi nila mas matipid due to better body to weight ration).

Sadly nasa 5-7 Km/l city driving (Edsa Pioneer - Caloocan). 9+ pag highway driving.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by a4Tech View Post
    OT:

Wow... i wish ganyan mileage ko. Got mine last month 8/28/07.

Mine's a 2.0R (sabi nila mas matipid due to better body to weight ration).

Sadly nasa 5-7 Km/l city driving (Edsa Pioneer - Caloocan). 9+ pag highway driving.
    I got mine July 2007, siguro mabagal lang ako magpatakbo thus the quite favorable consumption, I hope ma-maintain. Also heard about that weight to body ratio but still think otherwise because of the engine size. I'll just make some looks enhancement para magmukhang 2.0 (iba talaga kasi ang dating nyang R).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthrob View Post

That's pretty good! When I had a Mazda3 in my hands, I did 11.5 on the SLEX (pero kasama ng kaunting city driving).

Some poeple are saying the new tuning on the 1.6 makes it more economical. I'm wondering why Mazda is not advertising this extensively.

----

RE: 5-7 km/l, Makati to Caloocan is typical for a 2 liter automatic vehicle. You can get 4.5-5.5 km/l on that route in a K20 CR-V... previous generation Civic 2.0s regularly get 6 km/l in traffic...panalo pa rin ang RS! Traffic average ko is 7-8 km/l.

6 km/l ang pinakamababa ng nakuha ko, and that's Christmastime Divisoria traffic (1-2 km/h for three hours, grabe!). ;) Manual tranny FTW!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Outside smoke penetrating inside Mazda 3