New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi there, i've always wanted to buy an opel astra sedan. there is something about this car na sobrang gusto ko. nga lang, hesitant ako bumili kasi andami kong naririnig na mga negative stuff about opel. they say na sobrang mahal daw ang maintenance and prices of parts are sky high. is this true? please advise. thanks in advance for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fast car when you need it, kaya lng high maintainance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to search for Opel + reliability, you'll probably won't find a lot of reviews that will favor this brand in terms of build quality and reliability...

"Opel / Vauxhall is one of the big six car makers in Europe. Like Ford, Renault, PSA and Fiat but unlike Volkswagen, it produces the most common cars in all important segments - Corsa, Astra, Vectra, Omega, plus the MPVs Zafira and Sintra and a few niche models. It was never famous for innovation or build quality. "

If you have the money, just get a BMW if you're sticking to German...

Otherwise, stick to Japs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pros: Eurocar feel and solidity at cheaper then Jap car price and the station wagon looks pretty good (simple and clean).
    Cons: Parts are relatively more expensive (but there are parts still available at 3rd party shops).

Given a choice for a Euro car, i may go for a E36 BMW 316i/320i instead.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ganun ba... sayang naman since it's really a nice car. i like the style of it... yung kaha nya looks tough, and executive ang dating... i always prefered a car na ganun ang style. the one im planning to buy is a '01 astra a/t model * 255 k. ang problem eh sira daw yung gas/fuel pump or whatever you call that thing that pumps the fuel from the tank to the engine. i'm willing to have it fixed pa naman sana, though i really have no idea how much it would cost me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Actually, it's not that hard to own an Opel (especially an Astra) if you just know the right people and places to get it fixed and have the parts. You can come over to our "Unofficial Opel Club Thread" down in the Car Clubs Forum and I'm pretty sure a lot of the Opel boys there are willing to help. It is true that its a bit more expensive than Jap cars, but as long as you've got enough resources and know the right people, it'll be a piece of cake. :D By the way, there's lots of competent people and shops out there now who know how to and help in maintaining Opels. Minsan lang actually masira parts ng Opel, pero pag nasira nga, talagang mahhassle ka either sa availability or price ng parts.
    Last edited by kotiko; January 17th, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among the locally released Opel, the one with the least painful ownership experience seems to be the Astra. But that's relatively speaking.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i heard about bad reviews among Vectras but really never with an Astra.

except that it guzzles gas and quite underpowered after that just some series of normal wear and tear and some other minor probs.

its a car being compared to Focus, 307, Golf in Europe.
    its quite a bargain to own but not to maintain.

we used to have an Opel Rekord back then late 80s sabi ng dad ko di madaling masira and nice overall kaya lang pain in the ass ang presyo ng parts. mas mura pa ata yung sa Crown namin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Among the locally released Opel, the one with the least painful ownership experience seems to be the Astra. But that's relatively speaking.
    That's true. I maintain the Opel of my boss and it is still reliable as compared to what i hear from the Astra and Omega owners. The hassle part is you have to know where to buy parts (minsan you have to wait for the part) and if a major component gives, masakit nga sa bulsa.

Parts: Thunder Auto in Binondo
    Suspension: Zee

The side mirror was bashed recently by a wayward jeep and the bill for the entire assembly is P12,000.00

My sis almost got a Opel Astra station wagon (tinawaran na '01 a/t model for 270K) they liked it since it was a station wagon, maganda tignan and it was solid but decided to play it safe (medyo mahirap ibenta once the time to sell comes and natakot kung magka major repair) and put a DP for a new car instead.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    12 thou for just a side mirror?! grabe naman. sa casa mo ba dinala yung car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
opel astra