New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Had my valve cover gasket replaced last week (sa Total Baguio). Since nandun na din, had my engine tuned up (palit spark plugs) and changed oil. This afternoon, when I checked my plugs, there was oil sa #1 & #2 plugs (na wala naman before pinapalitan yung cover gasket) and when I took them off, medyo maluwag, so it seems that the service mechanic missed tightening the plugs. So ginawa ko, I took off the plugs and wiped them with a dry cloth. Pati yung kung saan nilalagay plugs, wiped it also. Ano kaya problema? Kase yung nilagay na sealant nung mechanic parang masyadong manipis (as in hindi man lang naubos kalahati ng isang tube of the sealant). Is it the sealant kaya nagkaroon ng oil ang plugs? What preventive things should I do?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir baka blow-by yan. observe mo muna. kung nababawasan nang langis, have it check by your trusted mechanic...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oil on plugs is 95% of the time bad valve cover gasket.

*ian_rex, tinatakot mo naman siya!! blowby is possible pero yun na yung pinaka-scary scenario.

i'm willing to bet mali pagkalagay nung valve cover gasket, either kulang yung silicone, or naipit yung rubber gasket when it was being put back.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe the plugs are not torqued enough. check if it's 1/4 turn after contact or if it conforms to your vehicle's manual.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wat car sir?
    if some of the plugs are wet with oil:
    if the plugs are in between camshafts and deep inside the cylinder head (civic, corolla GLi, lancer, etc.), it is the spark plug oil seals.
    if it is at the side (corolla xe, carb types, etc.), check the engine compression

if all plugs are wet, check engine compression and check oil level. lose compression and overfill can cause the plugs to get wet with oil...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Btw, pag bago yung gasket wag mo lagyan ng sealant except sa specific corners lang ng gasket. The gasket is made to seal itself kung malinis yung surfaces na nilalagyan nya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    faulty tightening of the VC gasket will not lead to oil in the plugs. that's caused by either sparkplug oil seals or cylinder o-rings that are worn. or bad valveseals.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pomelo
    Had my valve cover gasket replaced last week (sa Total Baguio). Since nandun na din, had my engine tuned up (palit spark plugs) and changed oil. This afternoon, when I checked my plugs, there was oil sa #1 & #2 plugs (na wala naman before pinapalitan yung cover gasket) and when I took them off, medyo maluwag, so it seems that the service mechanic missed tightening the plugs. So ginawa ko, I took off the plugs and wiped them with a dry cloth. Pati yung kung saan nilalagay plugs, wiped it also. Ano kaya problema? Kase yung nilagay na sealant nung mechanic parang masyadong manipis (as in hindi man lang naubos kalahati ng isang tube of the sealant). Is it the sealant kaya nagkaroon ng oil ang plugs? What preventive things should I do?

Thanks in advance!
    boss,ibalik mo na lang sa total at sila ang mag-check.sigyro naman honest sila dahil warranty nila yan

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    oil ba o gas ang nasa plug? how'd u know it was oil?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    faulty tightening of the VC gasket will not lead to oil in the plugs. that's caused by either sparkplug oil seals or cylinder o-rings that are worn. or bad valveseals.
    at first thought, pakiramdam ko piston ring e.

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    oil on plugs is 95% of the time bad valve cover gasket.
    sir, i guess, nasa remaining 5% ako. just replaced the valve cover gasket of my LXi, even before replacement i haven't had problems like these (oil in spark plugs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Oil in plugs