New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I Drained My Oil From My 2.0 Sunbird (in Reference To Oil Supply To Valve Cam Post Earlier).

When It Came Out, First A Small Cup Of Prestone, Then 2a Gallon Of Gray Sludgey Muck.

I Am Evaluating It As A Crack In Head Gasket Or Someting Which Allows Antifreeze To Mix Into Oil System.

Repairs Done By Certified Sae Mechanic.
    Anyway To Have His Certification Pulled.

I Am Suing For Fraud And Intentionally Performing Poor Repairs.
    He Probably Has Trashed The Engine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please refrain from using CAPITAL LETTERS on the first letters of your words, they are very hard to read. if you make your post unreadable or hard to read then do not wonder if no one replies to it.

thanks

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This capitalization of the first word of every letter has been happening for quite some time now and I believe that this was not intentional. Is there anyone from our moderators investigating the cause of this issue?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Just to let you know its easy to pass the ASE certification. I know alot of stupid mechanic with ASE certs.

Anyway sue the hell out of him. Improper installation of heads resulting to multiple homicide oopps resulting to mixing of oil and coolant.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ooops! foul ka dyan,do not under estemate to a person with an ase certification,theyre do their best to have those certificate,hindi basta lang ganyan ka easy ang magtake ng exam sa ase,mahirap din yun pre para sabihin ko sa iyo,kailangan mong ifocus and ianalize ang answer sa bawat question and kailangan mo rin na may experience ka para maunawaan mo ang tanong at sagot,and besides kung easy lang to para sa iyo,bakit di mo na lang inayos ang sarili mong kotse samantalang alam mo pala yun,dapat inisip mo rin na ang nag ayos sa kotse ay baka ase certified ng brakes system,or baka yun din ang sinasabi mong easy lang na ase test(brakes system).i have a lot of friend which they are a master technician and are ase certified,kaya hinay hinay lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    dennis,
    Hindi ko naman sinabi na lahat ng may ASE certs ay stupid.May mga kabarkada ako na may ASE certs pero talagang may taong mahina sa practical pero magaling sa books. pero i'm telling you madaling paka pasa ng ASE using CD, books geared towards passing the exam.

HIndi naman ako ang nagtatanong na may sira ang kotse ko.
    To be a ASE Master Tech,you need to have a ASE certs. It's like taking microsoft MSCE or Cisco CCIE it has a pre requisite.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    oo nga hindi pala ikaw,sorry.anyway kaya ko sinabi sa iyo na hindi easy ang test na yun kasi kailangan mo rin ng gear (cd,books,etc.)as you mentioned earlier and kailangan mo pa rin magstudy,kaya hindi madali yun,specially engine performance.yes tama ka na merong taong di magaling sa actual pero magaling sa books,just like a friend of mine in the shop,he made many mistakes but the car is being inspected by our supervisor before it is turned over to costumer,and everybody in the shop knew that he did his best to have those car fixed but only sometimes specially during rush hour,tried to think whats missing,thought its done but its not,thats why mistakes happened.kaya may pagkakataon na talagang nagkakamali but they are not a stupid mechanic gaya ng nangyari sa kotse nung unang nagpost,baka nagkamali lang pero hindi intensional.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vernze View Post

When It Came Out, First A Small Cup Of Prestone, Then 2a Gallon Of Gray Sludgey Muck.
    this is horrendous, but is it worth it suing them, can you not talk with the shop itself, baka maayos sa usapan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    M ron, Dennis Powel,

Do you know someone who has taken ASE L2 Test. Just need to consult some matters. Hope you can help me. Thank you brothers.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    this is horrendous, but is it worth it suing them, can you not talk with the shop itself, baka maayos sa usapan.
    yeah, kausapin mo muna. pag walang nagawa sa usapan, saka mo nalang idaan sa ibang paraan.

Oil Drained From Oil Pan Looks Like Gray Gravy