New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by chieffy
    Both oils offer superior engine protection?most of you guys here would agree with me when I say that oils with the latest API rating such as Mobil 1 Supersyn and Havoline Energy could extend your engine oil maintenance interval to 10k kms.

About your question?
    without conducting any test and proof to support my statement I could safely say that changing your oil filter twice between intervals of 10k is better than doing it once?
    today?s oils might have enough additives to protect our engine beyond 10k kms but the oil filter has a fixed capacity to do its job and that is to filter contaminants that are harmful to internal parts of the engine?

personally Havoline Energy pa lang nasubukan ko and I change my oil and oil filter every 7500 kms instead of 10000 kms?it gives me extra peace of mind knowing that the oil in my engine continuously gives lubrication and protection?I have no plans of changing brands for this ride?

I would like to try mobil 1 supersyn on my next ride and change the oil filter every 5k kms?

ako naman magtatanong sa inyo?magkano ba per liter ng Mobil 1 Supersyn?
    Chieffy, Havoline Energy is half the price of Mobil 1 Supersyn..

5w50 or 15w50 ata yung viscosity ng Mobil1 Supersyn

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks hytan...

kita ko nga sa oil price database na Php 400 per liter noon pang 2003...i hope its still the same today...

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by chieffy
    thanks hytan...

kita ko nga sa oil price database na Php 400 per liter noon pang 2003...i hope its still the same today...
    P580+/litet ang 5W-50 Mobil 1 sir(baka mababa sa iba). Kabibili ko lang kasi i need two liters lang. Ngayon ko lang kasi napansin na 3 liters lang pala ang oil ng engine ko. Me natira ko na 1 liter (from 1 gal) last palit ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question mga chong... When i went to check out the Honda Jazz in the dealership some time ago they mentioned that service interval for the new engines is at 10,000km already and not 5... Plus you get an extra bonus on the warranty period if you use Honda oil. Is this the real deal?

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    vinj, afaik, all honda vehicles ay every 10tkm na service(using synthetic oil) sa casa. pati yung esi ko na pinaservice ko nung 80tkm, every 10tkm na raw ako change oil. ngayong 90t, ako na lang nagpalit ng oil. hth

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... kung factory specified (i.e. it's on the service manual) then 10K using synth will be ok. However, if on an older car like the Esi which still has the specified 5K interval, it may be better to change oil every 5K whether you're using synth or not. The oil may keep its viscousity and properties for a longer period but the stock oil filter is still designed for lesser periods (and the dirt will just be the same).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Oil Change...Hondi City iDsi