New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Guys who DIY their oil change, how do you dispose of the used engine oil? I feel guilty dumping it in the sewers.

I do it myself because I want every drop of the old oil out, so i normally do it at night and let the oil drain away the whole evening. To those who want to try this, just be careful not to forget you have no oil that night and keep that car in the innermost part of your garage just in case

Thanks

edit: I now have several used-oil gallons around the house, and the wifey's not very happy with it

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you shouldn't dump it!

Just bring it to your nearest gas station and dump it in their canisters. They'll send it back to the plant to make grease and other lubes.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks, I suppose they wont charge me or anything right?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    afaik binibili ng bote-dyaryo yan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just give it to the gas station. Matutuwa pa sila sa iyo because they sell used oil to the recycler.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dump mine sa bakanteng lote na puro itlog ng lamok. (mga thirce na)

Its bad I know.
    Kaya sa mga small talyer na lang ako. P120 labor small pice to pay to be called responsible

I remember one time yung neighbor tinapon during baha, lahat ng wall ng mga gate nahawaan ng grasa

Acheche!!!

Be responsible mga peeps, lahat ng tinapon babalik din sa iyo di ba? Sa gas stations na lang ibigay para proper disposal, pero dito sa amin sa laguna (sta. rosa) di tinatanggap pag di ka sa kanila papachange oil.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung tinapon sa lupa babalik din sa water system at drains... not good.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Just give it to the gas station. Matutuwa pa sila sa iyo because they sell used oil to the recycler.
    ..tama si sir Otep..last time ako nag change oil doon nag ask muna ako sa Shell baler ..binigyan pa ako ng small container (suki kasi ako doon)..then after ibinalik ko kasama na ang langis

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    By giving your used oil it to the service station, dapat nga bayaran ka pa nila. You even help protect the environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
oil change DIY