New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    last saturday, when i decided to take my civic for an underwash, i discovered something that shocked me. OIL LEAK. oil evidently escaped from the oil seal past through the oil pan. i know, my ride seemed quite old (96 Civic LXi), but is it normal? i got 139K Kms already. kindly quote naman kung magkano ang original parts. i'm thinking of replacing it soon, so baka meron kayong idea how much kung sa casa ako bibili.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much oil did you see? Check the area where you normally park your car overnight or during the day for any signs of a major oil puddle.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i park in a relatively level pavement in a garage. konti lang, sabi ng dad ko, oil seal daw sa may crankshaft. medyo basa lang yun oil pan, pero wala pang puddle. nakalimutan kasi palitan nung binaba yung tranny at clutch e. tsktsk.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sir Ian;

Mura lang yun. . ganun din yung sa akin.

Ako nga di pa ako nagpapalit kahit may kunting tulo ok lang wag lang muna lalakas.

hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku, wag ka sa casa bibili. tagang-taga ka dun

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tulad ng sabi ni mbt wag ka sa casa bibili unless wala ka talagang mabiling oem replacement parts sa labas... kung oil seal nga tama niyan maraming kang mabibilhan na OEM sa labas for sure...halos lahat ng auto supply nagdadala na kasi nito...sa labas ka na lang din kumuha ng magaling na mekaniko....bukod sa nababantayan mo na matututo ka pa ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The best way to determine where an oil leak is coming from is actually going under the car (Or lift it) and inspect it.

Pwede kasing oil pan gasget yan or it just could be the drain screw.... oil could come from a number of faulty seals and gaskets

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i also had that problem a few weeks back.

in my case, i have a lancer '96, the timing belt was also wet with oil.

i had the following replaced:

timing belt - P1,325
    crankshaft oil seal - P250
    camshaft oil seal - P240
    distributor o-ring - P100

P650 for the friendly neighborhood mecanico

also had my alternator belt replaced, luma na kasi. and sabi pag palit ng timing belt, kasama na ang tensioner (P700) pero di ko pinalitan kasi bago pa.

all orig parts.

hindi ko lang sigurado kung pareho ang layout nung sa civic. anyways, hope this helps!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i had this problem earlier in the year for my lancer '95. there was oil leaking somewhere and the engine bay was black with the oil that leaked. Rapide wanted to replace so many things and quoted 20,000+ for parts and labor. siraulo sila!

anyway i brought my car to petron (c-5) beside diamond motors. the mechanic advised to get an engine wash and then check again where the leak was coming from (it was gradual leak kasi). i did just that (EL lancer lang so no problem magpa engine wash, di pa fuel injected and no computer sensors and what not). anyway, after a few days, the leak was traced to the distributor o-ring i think. parts was less than 200, labor was less than 200 at Servitek in pasig. now the car runs perfectly again. no more leak since then.

lecheng rapide talaga, hangga't kaya nila manloko, gagawin nila.

(off topic lang, during this checkup, rapide also advised me to change so many things in my suspension to the tune of 30,000++! i brought it to servitek and bought the parts myself and spent a lot lot less)
    Last edited by kramos22; October 8th, 2004 at 06:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by chieffy
    tulad ng sabi ni mbt wag ka sa casa bibili unless wala ka talagang mabiling oem replacement parts sa labas... kung oil seal nga tama niyan maraming kang mabibilhan na OEM sa labas for sure...halos lahat ng auto supply nagdadala na kasi nito...sa labas ka na lang din kumuha ng magaling na mekaniko....bukod sa nababantayan mo na matututo ka pa ;)
    regarding sa mechanic, no problem, D-I-Y na lng namin. medyo mahirap nga lang kasi tanggal pait tranny para mapalitan lang.

oh sh*t! oil leak.