New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I just bought a new car and noticed that there is a noticeable wind noise (outside) when the speed goes above 100km/hr. I tried checking if the rubber fittings are loose and if any wind is coming in the compartment from the doors or windows, but I didn't notice any. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what car did you buy?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most medium to low end rides are really like that....kulang sa "sealing" ng mga spaces that could create air turbulence when running at a high speed.

Options mo would be to "add" weather strip to these open spaces (sa doors madalas). If you can take a close look on a volvo or any high end cars, you would know what I mean. These cars have additional weather strip na halos wala ng hangin (or sound ng hangin) na makakaposok.

Another option is to increase the "insulation" sa loob ng cabin ng oto mo. Minsan/madalas kasi tinitipid na ang mga insulation sa firewall, sa roof, sa floor and sa doors ng oto na medium to low end class. You can use dynamat, 3M roof sealer, spray-on "rubberized" paint (Bondo at Ace Hardware have this) or plain thin foam insulations. These material will have its own "best place" to use.

hth

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa akin paghigh speed may whirring sound ako nadidinig sa kaliwang part nang car ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ghost hunter, I bought a mitsubishi lancer.

Wildthing, thanks for the info. I think I agree that the insulation of the cabin is not so good. My previous car was also a 97 lancer but I believe that the external noise in the new lancer is more pronounced than the old lancer.

Clavel3699, Just to let you know, we may have the same problem, but Mine is on the driver side and probably near the side mirror.

I already suspect that it could be some form of wind turbulence and I am thinking of adding a window visor. Anybody have had an experience with this?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka yung air ducts mo, hindi naka set sa circulate, at naka set papasok sa ilalim sa windshield mo at labas sa dash mo.

naka close ba sayo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako pag high speed may noise ako naririnig either sa passenger side o sa back seat. it's either my wife or my mother yelling at me to slow down ehehehehe! asan ba eject button ng lancer? o kahit yung mute button kaya? :D

Noise at high speed