New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi Everyone,

sorry ha, newbie kasi ako... i have a couple of simple questions...
    I brought my mazda familia to a nearby shell station for maintenance.
    Oil change, flushing, filter oil, spark plug tune up were done and I was charged 1628 pesos. One of the ball joints were also changed and they charged 850 for the spare part and 250 for the labor (total of 1100 pesos).
    They said problems with the fuel injection (EFI yung car) and cleaning of the throttle body can only be done sa casa. My questions are:

1. Is 1628 pesos a fair amount to charge for Oil change, flushing, filter oil, and spark plug tune up?

2. Is 1100 pesos a fair amount to charge for balljoint replacement (parts + labor)?

3. For people who've been to kia pasay, mas makakamura ba ako if the above maintenance work were done there?

4. casa lang ba talaga ang makakaayos sa fuel injection and makakalinis sa throttle body?

Your opinion will be highly appreciated. THanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mura na yan P1628 for oil change, filter and spark plugs. i assume that is ordinary mineral oil. i just had an oil change (fully synthetic oil) with oil filter and plugs replacement 2 weeks ago, P2980 binayad ko sa shell congressional.

mura na din yun P1100 for the ball joints. di ba nasa P400 isa nyan? so parts lang P800 na, labor P300 lang. ok na yan.

for the fuel injection, mas ok sa casa since they have the shop service manuals. alam nila lahat ng error codes and what to check, unless of course may service manuals din yung service center na iba.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. anong klase oil? mineral or synthetic, pero malamang mineral yan. parang mahalkonti , kasi mas mura talaga kung ikaw ang bibili ng parts mo like the spark plugs, oils and filters,

2. isang balljoint ba o dalawa? anong brand ng OEM ba o Replacement o Fake na Replacement? again mas makakamura ka or makakasiguro ka sa parts kung ikaw ang bibili ng parts sa auto supply.

3. wala akong idea

4. nope marami ng kayang gumawa niya...hanapin mo si speedyfix dito sa tsikot.com

pero pwede na yung binawad mo since wala ng hassle to and fro

WELCOME TO TSIKOT nga pala.
    Last edited by kimpOy; July 23rd, 2005 at 02:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maraming salamat po sa mga reply and sa warm welcome...
    Reply ko po lahat ng tanong nyo pag nakuha ko na yung info in a while...
    isang balljoint lang po yung pinalitan.. mahal po ba sa 850?
    Thanks ulit!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Eto po yung brand ng balljoint: federal mogul US
    oil: super shell helix 20w-50 premium motor oil

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    upper ba o lower balljoint kasi ang alam ko mas mahal ang mahirap palitan ang lower...
    again dude pwede na since yung hassle factor ay wala na. pero iba rin ang may na save ka.

mas satisfying pa yan kung DIY, pero since newbie paonorin mo muna ang mga mechaniko. lahat tayo dumaan diyan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mura na yan hehhehe kung makita mo magkano sa ibang kotse hehe baka magulat ka hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You could've skipped the FLUSHING. Since kinakalas din naman yung ibang parts ng car mo, sana iniwan niyo na lang open yung drainplug and let the oil take its natural course without flushing.

1. I'm not fond of FEDERAL-MOGUL replacement parts. Maybe that's just me. I use Three Five [555] and sana none or both sides na ang ginawa because wear rate is roughly the same and the other one might not be that far behind.

2. For large rigs, yes. Not sure how different it is for cars. Pero sa ganyang presyo diba dapat both sides na?

3. No idea. I often use independent mechanics who are their own bosses. It's usually cheaper that way.

4. Nope. Depende na din if there really is damage and to what extent. Speedyfix, Autotechnika, and the other shops here in the forum may have their say on this.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    cleaning the intake and adjustment of idling, etc is easily done assuming none of the sensors are busted. if they are busted, then it is useless since most of the engine parameters are dictated by what the sensors detect.

we have a diagnostic tool that can help us pinpoint the problems if any but solving the problems is still left to the customer kung kaya ng buget (normally brand new sensors start about 5k and go up). fyi

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i wonder if the spray-on carb cleaner will do the trick on my throttle body. i had cleaned 6 months ago. am i correct on my assumption? that the before a dirty throttle body gets worse, there is a rough idling? erratic idling and lower than usual rpms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Newbie questions: car maintenance cost