New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    fellow tsikoteers up ko lang ito to info na finally na fix na ito.
    the main cause ng problem ay crank signal: the crank sensor is intermittently failing and the hardest to find ay ang the source ay ang trigger ng signal from the flywheel (we pulled down the trans to find out) some teeth ay deformed and hindi parepareho ang height kaya hindi consistent ang wave pattern apparently may tumama dito kasi may mga marks sa inside ng bell housing maybe stone or anything hard or maybe the previous shops. this was a very long and hard struggle, and nakakasira ng ulo. this was not fixed by me alone, i got some help from a tech (used to work with isuzu) that supplied test parts (we resorted to shotgun repair method to isolate each sensors) and also with the shop owner whose also a good tech.

obviously its only a very simple problem if we're only equipped with the OEM scanner (tech 2 with isuzu card) and a digital oscilloscope. how i wish ican afford these very expensive tools. our only consolation is "this animal was finally tamed" as per the words of our friend 4Jgtootsie. thanks to all who offerred help and suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi 2terns,

Thank you for posting your fix publicly. Though it took you some time, a correct fix is always a good lesson learned, and your post will benefit other tsikoters as well. I just have to congratulate you and your mechanic.

Salamat ulit,

Dieseldude

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
need vac hose routing trooper 4xj1 3.0 td