New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    is there a difference (in terms of auto repair knowledge) if i enroll to MFI?

MFI has a more flexible schedule compared to de guzman and samson. also, MFI's automotive courses are a lot shorter compared to guzman (1-2yrs) and samson (2years)

why is this the case? will i also learn all the know-hows if i just enroll to MFI?

im planning to take numerous short courses at the said institution since one of my goals in the future is to setup a car repair shop.

will the knowledge that i will gain from MFI be enough to put up a shop? or do i have to attend either de guzman or samson to learn all the necessary things?

replies from those who attended these schools and car repair shop owners are very much appreciated.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kendimann View Post
    is there a difference (in terms of auto repair knowledge) if i enroll to MFI?

MFI has a more flexible schedule compared to de guzman and samson. also, MFI's automotive courses are a lot shorter compared to guzman (1-2yrs) and samson (2years)

why is this the case? will i also learn all the know-hows if i just enroll to MFI?

im planning to take numerous short courses at the said institution since one of my goals in the future is to setup a car repair shop.

will the knowledge that i will gain from MFI be enough to put up a shop? or do i have to attend either de guzman or samson to learn all the necessary things?

replies from those who attended these schools and car repair shop owners are very much appreciated.

thanks
    All those school will give you the basics and the certificate. Its in the OJT and the people and shop you will get it from that will mould and sharpen your skill. Casa or class A shops is a must. Prerequisite to getting to this shop is the basics and the certificate that comes from those school. And one important thing kailangan nasa puso, determinado or passion mo fixing cars, madalas mabigat sa body, mind and time ang task and you can get discouraged.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i was a graduate of Samson Technical School but that wasn't enough ,i had to upgrade to NMYC Taguig to be competitive . after you graduate work with different garages to learn more of the trade .

in most cases you don't get the money you want but will gain lots of experience .
    i made lots of mistakes but if you love this trade , keep learning . read lots of books and practice.

if you have any no good parts hanging around the shop , study from it ,investigate,thats what it takes to be a good tech.

pay attention to those mechanics better than you and try to absorb what they have.

concentrate more on electrical and get basic electronics courses. that will bring you to the next level.

mechanical systems are a lot easier to learn than electrical and electronics.

equip yourself with right tools .remember the best tech around cant fix cars without proper tools available.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tama si Bambino.
    Automotive technology is evolving science. You will never know everything because new technology comes in every second, model, brand and region.
    We had a technician who doesnt want to be taught, we call him "dose(12)" because everytime we teach him the way he keeps on saying 12 years na siya mechanic. Matigas talaga, in a month na strike 3 siya, costing the around 600thousand in damage to 3 vehicles.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes automotive is a science like mathematics, you have to learn the basics,then algebra then calculus etc. the basics you will learn from the school, the rest is through practice, perseverance, and hard work. try to learn from other people and also learn by yourself. read read read, we're luckier we have the internet with millions of infos.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wow parang gusto ko rin nito.. gusto ko rin maging grease monkey hehehe knowledge and execution lang ah hindi mukhang monkey..

need help in regard to what automechanic school to choose