New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi.
    M planning to have my lancer tinted. I inquired at a near tinting shop here in fairview QC and Magic Light would cost 5k. Is this reasonable?
    My wife is afraid that it might be very dark at night with 3M Heavy Black so she prefers 3M Medium black and Light Black at the windshield. Would this be ok or too light that a driver may be visible from outside. It'll cost 4k?
    Any advise on a good tinting shop preferably QC area.Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    Hi.
    M planning to have my lancer tinted. I inquired at a near tinting shop here in fairview QC and Magic Light would cost 5k. Is this reasonable?
    My wife is afraid that it might be very dark at night with 3M Heavy Black so she prefers 3M Medium black and Light Black at the windshield. Would this be ok or too light that a driver may be visible from outside. It'll cost 4k?
    Any advise on a good tinting shop preferably QC area.Thanks!

A better alternative to 3M medium black and Light black is 3M Black Chrome. It's a full metal film with 35% VLT (visible light transmittance), 57% TSER (total solar energy rejection) and .50 shading coefficient. At around 4k pesos for your car, this tint will provide your with a comfortable and paparazzi proof ride - day or night. This is way too cheap compared to V Kool / Huper Optik ceramic (15 - 20 K) of course, but is equally efficient. This is fairly reasonable for something that somehow optimizes fuel consumption by making your airconditioning efficient. Any 3m tinting shop in Banawe can do the job well so long as you'll make sure that you alot 2 hours of your time to oversee the task.

Need help re tint