New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2017 Montero Sport got into an accident.

Damaged parts are:
    1) Tail light
    2) Bumper (rear)
    3) dent (quite big) and scraped paint on rear portion near the tail light (only one panel is affected)
    ** rear door seems ok, but will have to check
    ** no mechanical or electrical damage, it seems

Insurance agreed (verbally) to cover all expenses. The other party agreed to shoulder the (insurance) participation fee.

My questions are:

1) if the priority is to have the car repaired the quickest (without sacrificing quality of course), is the insurance' talyer a better choice than Casa.

2) If I go to casa, can you guys suggest any reputable ones... A personal good experience perhaps?

I am leaning towards Casa since the bumper and the tail light will be sourced there anyway (for sure).

But asking around from friends, they said body works usually takes a month from casa. I am thinking maybe casa is just outsourcing body works to other shops.

I guess I will know this informations from my insurance agent and SA by Monday but I thought I'd ask you good folks here for advice.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post

Damaged parts are:
    1) Tail light
    2) Bumper (rear)
    3) dent (quite big) and scraped paint on rear portion near the tail light (only one panel is affected)

Insurance agreed (verbally) to cover all expenses. The other party agreed to shoulder the (insurance) participation fee.

My questions are:

1) if the priority is to have the car repaired the quickest (without sacrificing quality of course), is the insurance' talyer a better choice than Casa.

2) If I go to casa, can you guys suggest any reputable ones... A personal good experience perhaps?

I am leaning towards Casa since the bumper and the tail light will be sourced there anyway (for sure).

But asking around from friends, they said body works usually takes a month from casa. I am thinking maybe casa is just outsourcing body works to other shops.

I guess I will know this informations from my insurance agent and SA by Monday but I thought I'd ask you good folks here for advice.

Thanks in advance.
    In our branch, we do cater body repair but it is done by a third party inside the casa. Not sure if its the same to other brands

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post

Damaged parts are:
    1) Tail light
    2) Bumper (rear)

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.
    in the first place, do you have a choice of where it may be repaired? some insurances kasi, have a list of authorized shops, from which customer must choose.
    casa or off-casa, they both have bad eggs.
    yespo. many casas outsource body repair. in some, the labor is outsourced, but the venue is in-casa.
    i have had "casa" do my body repair. maganda sa labas, but if you look under, hindi maganda. hindi pulido sa nakatagong parte, lalo na kung malaki ang inayos.

generally, repair is faster, and replace is slower, as the replacement part usually has to be sourced from an external bodega.
    i have had minor fender bender done in-casa in three days, and i have had more extensive work finished in three weeks. and i already use in-house insurance.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2017 at 09:29 PM.