New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no problem StraightSix ... actually I never had the chance to repair a broken defogger element but surely I can confirm that those paint (expensive yun ha) work on damaged keyboard as I did on my friend's laptop (spilled juice) ... and it's interesting to note that it only becomes conductive after it has dried!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    "i thought my defogger was broken, pero nung tinignan ko, natanggal lang pala yung isang connection. it's a two-pronged metal something stuck sa rear windshield."

wow mali, i thought yung connection na natanggal ay yung two pronged metal na sinasaksakan. sorry

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yesterday, i dabbed some superglue (very little amount) and idinikit ko. i'll test it tonight kung gumagana by misting the rear view mirror and turning the aircon full blast.

it's not a cut in the strip. in my car (civic 98), sa sides ng rear windshield, meron metal na nakadikit dun sa defogger lines (one sa left, one sa right). natanggal yung isa. i guess this provides the juice.

i'll post a picture tonight para mas madali maintindihan hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you need a soldering tool ... but you have to do the soldering process very quickly ... otherwise, you could end up with more damage than you started with

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
natanggal na defogger