New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I also wanted to add... there is that method we call "dollar test"; you take a dollar (doesn't necesarrily have to be a "$" bill, but you get the idea) and put it on top of the muffler tip, half of it on lying on top of the muffler, and the other half hanging within the hole of the muffler. Have someone turn the car on, if the dollar gets sucked and went inside the muffler, you have a valve leak... otherwise the valves are ok... I don't know if this is to all cars, but it's pretty popular to many different car owners and seems to work pretty accurately...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    a leakdown test will tell you more than that, and in details...
    sir anu po yung leakdown test?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    I also wanted to add... there is that method we call "dollar test"; you take a dollar (doesn't necesarrily have to be a "$" bill, but you get the idea) and put it on top of the muffler tip, half of it on lying on top of the muffler, and the other half hanging within the hole of the muffler. Have someone turn the car on, if the dollar gets sucked and went inside the muffler, you have a valve leak... otherwise the valves are ok... I don't know if this is to all cars, but it's pretty popular to many different car owners and seems to work pretty accurately...
    Interesting. I think I'll try that. Thanks.

Question: How the heck do you get the dollar bill out once it's sucked into the muffler?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renfox View Post
    sir anu po yung leakdown test?
    sorry for the late reply... I didn't get an e-mail when you posted that question, but take a look at it here

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina_DJ View Post
    Interesting. I think I'll try that. Thanks.

Question: How the heck do you get the dollar bill out once it's sucked into the muffler?
    You don't get it back You just let it burnt

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *blink
    sir salamat sa info...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my guess is that the valve guides and valve seals of one or more exhaust valves are leaking oil down to the exhaust manifold. kaya meron oil sa exhaust. this could be caused by a bent valve guide bore resulting from the piston hitting the valve when the timing belt broke.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *yebo
    thanks sir, sir anu po bang pyesa to? ito daw po yun pinalitan eh ska mga belt etc, nahagilap ko lang kanina

ang pinagtataka ko lang po parang magkakaiba..
    Last edited by renfox; October 18th, 2006 at 11:02 PM. Reason: insert image

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    yung malaking diameter ay intake valves ung mas maliit ay exhaust valves

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    parang pinulut sa lupa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
nababawasan ng langis