New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    good evening po mga mates, may problem po kasi ko sa kotse ko, naputulan po ng timing belt ang simula ng sira ng sasakyan, pinagawa ko po overhaul daw ng valve ang gagawin, so naayos naman nagamit ko napo, ang problema naman ngayon mabilis maubos yung engine oil, may kinalaman ba yung pag overhaul ng valve dun? kasi dati hindi naman nagbabawas ng langis,..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yes may kinalaman ang pag overhauled ong heads mo,Maybe it's your valves not seating right or valves seals,puwede ring head gasket not properly mating with the block.Bring it back to your mechanic or whoever did it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    salamat sir, napansin ko rin medyo malangis na yung tambutso ko..nung binalik ko sa kanya, sabi piston ring na daw..overhaul naman daw makina ko..ang pinagtataka ko lang dati ok naman bago maputol ang timing belt..may posibilidad ba maapektuhan yung piston ring sa pagkaputol ng belt??

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    your mechanic should have checked it when he opened it up. that's a lousy job kung di nya nasabi sayo yan dati.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir usually ba ilang months ang warranty ng mga car service center? kasi kababayad ko lang ng 25k, para sa overhaul ng valve, tapos penepresyohan naman ako ng 30k para sa overhaul ng engine..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renfox View Post
    sir usually ba ilang months ang warranty ng mga car service center? kasi kababayad ko lang ng 25k, para sa overhaul ng valve, tapos penepresyohan naman ako ng 30k para sa overhaul ng engine..
    In the first place dapat ayan ang tinanong mo bago mo pina overhaul.Kung sa malaking service center,ask the manager and tell your story.Do not shell out another 30k sakanila. Get your 25k and get a suplus engine.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    A valve could of gotten bent when the t-belt snapped on you... what you should do is ask the mechanic what cylinder/s he touched at all, then get a leakdown test from another shop, which will tell you where the problem is, i.e. piston rings, valves, etc, or wherever you have a leak on. If the problem is in one of those, you can get back to the shop who did the job and have them re-do it... I don't know if that's how it might work there in the Phil, but hell that's a no-no here in the US, customer service own the shops, if they don't do the job right, there's no way they're gonna refuse to re-fix it, otherwise we'll see each other in court...

Other things you might have to consider is checking for leaks yourselves...

Get a gun, shoot your mechanic , JK LOL... He's after your money. He didn't know how to work on the car right, or how to fix the problem, he probably just assumed that what he did will fix it, and haven't solved the same problem before...

GL

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    btw, I hate ****ing dumb ass mechanics...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    pa compression test (dry and wet) mo na lang muna para malaman mo kung rings nga or valves ang me diprensya. then kung valves nga i-pa back job mo sa gumawa without spending a penny

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    a leakdown test will tell you more than that, and in details...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
nababawasan ng langis